The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 2002 Galant ES-V6 ABS / TCL light

Showing results 1 to 4 of 4

2002 Galant ES-V6 ABS / TCL light

Have yet to obtain error codes however, thought a member may have some insight of what would cause ABS / TCL light to come on intermittent (may be once a day or every other day and goes away). I suspect it being a faulty speed sensor but will confirm once codes are obtained. Does the ABS/TCL lights need to be on to obtain error codes with scan tool, or are they stored and accessible without the lights being on?
    Thanks ahead of time for any additional information / advice regarding this issue.
    Last edited by GSpeed; 11-15-2014 at 09:56 AM

i have that same problem in my 2001 Galant ES V6. both of them lights come and go on mine. i have put a scanner on mine but no codes seem to go to them lights. i also have no clue, cause i can turn my car off and pumb the brakes 3-4 times when they are on to get them to go away for a couple of hours or even days, but then they will return, and i cant seem to find out why...

I have this problem now, with a 2001 GTZ. Got it scanned with a SnapOn VERUS, it gave me a code for a faulty ABS sensor on the Drivers Front and a Bad ABS Module. I've yet to do anything about it, since the car needs other things first.

The VERUS is a very neat diagnostic tool, we were able to pull up live data from each sensor in the form of a line graph, they were all functioning the same except the Passenger front, it had intermittent spikes in it, it was interesting to see, especially since it was throwing a code for drivers front. I will later be replacing both front sensors and abs module.
    Last edited by oakrdrs187; 01-01-2015 at 04:10 PM

Follow up; Had diagnostic tool (believe it was Snap On VERSUS as well), scan for issues, and it came up as front wheel speed sensor (MITSUBISHI MR370932).
    oakrdsrs187, have you replaced fron wheel speed sensor? If so, Interested in knowing how it was removed and if you've any photos or additional information that you may have about replacing sensor.