The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Oil Slightly Overfilled

Showing results 1 to 4 of 4

Oil Slightly Overfilled

Hello everyone,

I took my 2003 Galant (2.4L I4) yesterday for an oil change, and found today that the oil level on the dipstick was maybe 0.5 inches too high. Since then, I've driven the car around 30 miles. There was no bubbling or foaming on the dipstick. I've just drained the excess out now.

Is the 4G64 capable of handling a little extra oil or did I cause any damage?

Thank you.

EDIT: To clarify, I gave the mechanic a 5 quart container of 5W-30 to use. From my understanding, the 4G64 takes around 4.5 quarts, so the most it could have been overfilled by is around 0.5 quarts.

If it doesn't smoke, and you haven't heard any funny noises you likely didn't do anything to hurt it as long as you fixed the issue.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
    The fleet:
    88 Volvo 245 DL
    91 Mitsubishi 3000GT SL
    98 Volvo V70
    01 Kia Sportage 4x4
    01 Mitsubishi Galant LS V6 "Deja Vu"
    Check my website JYN

Yep, fixed the issue after around 30 miles of driving it. I didn't see any smoke and the car sounds the same as it usually does. Thank you!

I have the V6 but its the Same 4.5 Quart and every oil change it gets 5 full quarts since by 3k miles its a quart low. Not leaking, ring blow by, 192K Miles.