The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 1997 7G Galant Low Miles

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 29 of 29
    No need to worry anymore. Got paid and ordered it with 2 day shipping. Will be here Friday guaranteed. So I just need to pop the old out and the new in.
    Also I was wondering how difficult it would be to convert rear drums to discs? And when I go low pro, what size wheels would even fit? i am noobzor

Quote Originally Posted by alexbarnes313 View Post
    No need to worry anymore. Got paid and ordered it with 2 day shipping. Will be here Friday guaranteed. So I just need to pop the old out and the new in.
    Also I was wondering how difficult it would be to convert rear drums to discs? And when I go low pro, what size wheels would even fit? i am noobzor
    I'm not sure about the 7g, but on the 8g it's a pretty simple affair. Just have to find the right parts.
    I personally like 17s, but I'm biased. I think 18s look good if they're the right ones, but I would say 17s give better ride quality with still adding performance characteristics.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
    The fleet:
    88 Volvo 245 DL
    91 Mitsubishi 3000GT SL
    98 Volvo V70
    01 Kia Sportage 4x4
    01 Mitsubishi Galant LS V6 "Deja Vu"
    Check my website JYN

So the turn signals are back! I can stop being my own pet peeve (even though I actually signaled with my arms).
    Anyways, right now I'm looking for a more financial route to get the same results for now.
    AND I FOUND THAT DAMN NOSE PIECE!!!! http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-1994-199...NTH0Li&vxp=mtr
    It doesn't say for 97-98 but it's the same so yaaaaaaas finally!
    Oh yeah the cheap stuff. So instead of going straight in and doing coilovers I was thinking of saving a couple hundred and getting new struts:
    https://www.amazon.com/40257-Shocks-...keywords=strut Dunno if these are any good...
    And then simply lowering springs: https://www.amazon.com/Megan-Racing-...HKGMCD89S65TVX

Currently looking for a strut bar that won't require any extra work, but the 8g vr4 bar seems promising with minimal work...

You can get the oem kybs on Rockauto for roughly the same price. I would go that way. As long as you aren't paying someone to do the work, lowering springs and new struts isn't the worst way to go. Plus you can always sell them later.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
    The fleet:
    88 Volvo 245 DL
    91 Mitsubishi 3000GT SL
    98 Volvo V70
    01 Kia Sportage 4x4
    01 Mitsubishi Galant LS V6 "Deja Vu"
    Check my website JYN

SURPRISE! More to come ;)

Tomorrow I redo all the little gold touches with gold plastidip and will car wash and blah blah for good pictures!
    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
    Last edited by alexbarnes313; 12-16-2017 at 01:51 AM

The multiplication disease begins!

Quote Originally Posted by Blue3000GTguy View Post
    The multiplication disease begins!
    Oh no I didn't know it was a disease! Wallet, quickly, go hide!

Haha yes this G life isnt so bad after getting a donor car. Currently doing the gold plastidip.

know this is an old post (2017) but I am surprised no one mentioned doing a 5 speed swap. Eventually that auto (assuming it is an auto because it is an ES) is going to die. I've had then die as early as 130K and last as long as 200K. The tech and knowledge section of this page has everything you need to know on how to do a swap. It also discusses all the useful mods. https://www.thegalantcenter.org/foru...g-US-1994-1998 Good luck
    jjj
    98 ES (5 spd), 94 GS (5 spd), 94 ES (rebuilt auto), 92 Toyota 4X4, 81 KZ550 A2, 67 Mercedes 250S, 58 Mercedes 190SL

I'm really bad at replying at stuff. Hi guys, not much has changed with the car yet. Life sure is a bitch and money isn't plentiful as we all know. Recently did valve cover gasket and can say it's still extremely clean in there at nearing 117k. Order all new motor and transmission mounts which will be done next week, they were becoming very noticeable as my driving is almost always "spirited". All 4 of my rims have been bent since I got them off the parts car. 2 months back got 4 new tires(from Walmart, and I decided to let them mount them and put em on and they stripped 3 studs and I had to make them pay an outsourced mechanic to get reimbursed and blah blah) , put the worst bent on the back, best on the front and I want to rotate them but.....so I'm going 45 minutes away to a professional who will bend them back to perfect and weld any cracks. Can only afford to do 2 at a time which is fine so I can rotate my tires lol. All in all, it's coming along. Still gotta the the jdm high rise spoiler and lowering springs. Oh yeah, and limo tinted.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12