The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 2003 8th Gen.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 66

2003 8th Gen.

Hello All. I joined a while ago but never got around to posting. I think i tried and I needed a certain post amount or to be a member for certain Time, any who, here are some pics and back story to my Galant.

Picked up a bone stock (fully loaded?) 4g64 powered 8th gen on January/2016. Leather (pleather?) And sunroof with 115k miles and maintenance records.
    Originally just bought it as a DD and told myself I would only do minor mods.

Paint was dull, sadly no pics, but after taking a buffer to it I was able to bring some life back into it. Below is the only pic I have showing the poor paint shine, I had already tried shining it up by hand, but if you look at the roof you can see how dull it was. That was how the entire car looked. Matte.

Threw on some wheels

After taking a buffer to it, restored headlights, treated the interior, window tints. Etc etc.

Started ordering some jdm bits

OEM/JDM rain guards and tails installed

Added some low

Didn't like the front, hit the junkyard and found a lip that looked like it would work and got to fitting it

Here it is starting to become a tad nicer. Lip installed, added red vinyl to the front and back emblems as well.

Added a rear lip spoiler and rear lip visor. Both color matched. Also threw on an MMC badge and exhaust tip on it. Just for dress up. Aha

How it sits now

As of lately I've been having an itch to start modding the car, 5 speed swap, coilovers, some more suspension and interior mods and vr4 front end. Haha. So that might be happening. Along with different wheels oh and DOHC conversion with boost

Sorry about the pics being huge. I thought it would auto adjust them
    Last edited by paulo; 07-13-2017 at 08:12 PM

Welcome aboard! That's a great color, even if needs some loving. Those Evo wheels look clean on there!

Thank you. I really do like the color, plan to do some more mods before a respray, but paint won't happen anytime soon as it's not a priority atm.

Here are some more pics I took today!

Last but not least, have to show off those forum stickers. I'm a moderator over on MPF, I'll post my Mirage once it comes back from paint, I started a thread here a few years back, but the car has changed lots.

Your car looks really clean! :)

Question, I've ordered a set of JDM rain guards as well, just wondering, are they hard to put on?

Looks nice! Always a fan of the darker grey color

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by yhkwok View Post
    Your car looks really clean! :)

Question, I've ordered a set of JDM rain guards as well, just wondering, are they hard to put on?
    It was fairly simple. Cleaned the visors, added 3M automotive grade double sided tape. Clean up the mounting surface. I just used water and a bit of rubbing alcohol and you're golden!

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks. I wasn't a fan at first, But the color deff grew on me. Specially when I saw one that wasn't faded lol.

Sweet, I was worrying if I'll need any clips or mounts and what if they're missing......

Man that is a nice Galant. Glad to see you here, gotta bring these forums back! ;)

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
    The fleet:
    88 Volvo 245 DL
    91 Mitsubishi 3000GT SL
    98 Volvo V70
    01 Kia Sportage 4x4
    01 Mitsubishi Galant LS V6 "Deja Vu"
    Check my website JYN

Nice car, glad to see people still out here fixing on galants we're a rare breed lol, what lip did that come off of and if you need any world spec parts i know a guy out of the Netherlands

Haha yes! We gotta try to keep these forums alive. Plus it's great having tons of info available to us.

Yea, I seem to have a thing for oddball cars. What can I say the mid 90s and early 2000s had very good looking Mitsu's!

The lip is from a 94-97 accord. It requires some trimming but it works! Haha. It's not much but at least gives the front end that little something.

That sounds great, right now I've actually been window shopping on ebay but I can imagine those prices are pretty up there. Would deff like to go with the vr4 front end.

Inbox randy de bruijne on facebook and tell him cj told you to inbox him and he'll work something out with you he has good prices and can get you any parts you need. He's gotten me vrg front bumper, vr4 rear bumper, new style side skirts, power folding mirrors, world spec head and tail lights, facelift and preface grille and world spec door panels

awesome. Thanks for the heads up!

Np , anything to help and see some bad ass usdm galants. Randy has the lowest prices I've seen so i know y'all can work something out.

Great. I messaged him, just waiting on his reply now.

Quote Originally Posted by paulo View Post
    Great. I messaged him, just waiting on his reply now.
    When I messaged him earlier he was getting ready for work so it may be a while before he gets back to you. I just ordered a set of jdm tails from him.

The fleet:
    88 Volvo 245 DL
    91 Mitsubishi 3000GT SL
    98 Volvo V70
    01 Kia Sportage 4x4
    Check my website JYN

We actually talked. He said he needs to keep an eye out for the bumper I want, but we'll keep in touch. I might order a bunch at stuff at one time to save on shipping.

Might be getting some jdm parts soon
    1997 Mirage DOHC NA 4G64
    2003 Galant SOHC 4G64

So I've been trying to do some research.
    3G eclipse braces will fit our 8Gs, but the lower rear sway bar from ST will not? This is correct?

I'm trying to see what suspension mods I can do to try to tighten up the car and improve handling.

Obviously coilovers are a must.

And rear knuckles, we have the same bushings as a 2G dsm to my understanding so I can opt out for prothane bushings?

Lmk what you guys think.. Thanks.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and if anyone has leads on an OEM 8G wing near SoCal or someone willing to ship it to me, please let me know :) the nearest one I found was 2.5 hours away
    1997 Mirage DOHC NA 4G64
    2003 Galant SOHC 4G64

Sway bars are a difficult thing for these cars. Even the ones designed for it didn't work out too well. Coilovers are the best thing you can do for that car.

The fleet:
    88 Volvo 245 DL
    91 Mitsubishi 3000GT SL
    98 Volvo V70
    01 Kia Sportage 4x4
    Check my website JYN

Quote Originally Posted by Blue3000GTguy View Post
    Sway bars are a difficult thing for these cars. Even the ones designed for it didn't work out too well. Coilovers are the best thing you can do for that car.

Yea I was reading up on the Addco bar having a small issue with clearance but I think adjustable end links remedy that? I'm surprised no one made Fender braces for the Galant. At least I can't find them. I feel those make a big difference with the front dipping and braking.

I have a friend who is a custom fabricator. You can find him on ig under @the.fabricator he could probably make me some and if there was interest we could set up a group buy if there was enough interest. Unfortunately he is about 4 hours away so that won't be happening anytime soon, but I figure i would just throw it out there. I had custom bracing made for my previous car and boy what a night and day difference
    1997 Mirage DOHC NA 4G64
    2003 Galant SOHC 4G64

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast