The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: New Member/Prospective 9G buyer/Uber

Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

New Member/Prospective 9G buyer/Uber

Hello! Glad to find this knowledge base about Mitsubishi Galants on the interwebs!

I am looking buying a 9G and perhaps drive for uber for some extra money.
    The Sedan seems to be roomy enough and has a generous amount of pep when accellerating.

Anyone have any comments/tips or even words of caution regarding the 2011/12 Galant?

Thanks for your help in advance!

Keep up on standard maintenance and a Galant will run forever. If you don't get paperwork with proof of a timing belt job in the last 60k, go ahead and have it done. These cars have interference engines and if the belt breaks you will need valves.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
    The fleet:
    88 Volvo 245 DL
    91 Mitsubishi 3000GT SL
    98 Volvo V70
    01 Kia Sportage 4x4
    01 Mitsubishi Galant LS V6 "Deja Vu"
    Check my website JYN

Quote Originally Posted by Blue3000GTguy View Post
    Keep up on standard maintenance and a Galant will run forever. If you don't get paperwork with proof of a timing belt job in the last 60k, go ahead and have it done. These cars have interference engines and if the belt breaks you will need valves.

Thanks for the tip! The Car Fax was clean but lacking any specifics as far as maintenance. With one owner it seems that they would have taken good care of it up to trading it off at least. Will follow up on the timing belt kit for sure! Thank for the tip!

Quote Originally Posted by memoryman View Post
    Thanks for the tip! The Car Fax was clean but lacking any specifics as far as maintenance. With one owner it seems that they would have taken good care of it up to trading it off at least. Will follow up on the timing belt kit for sure! Thank for the tip!
    Never assume, I've bought one owner cars with 300k miles and nothing had ever been replaced except what failed.
    Is this car a 4 cylinder or v6?

The fleet:
    88 Volvo 245 DL
    91 Mitsubishi 3000GT SL
    98 Volvo V70
    01 Kia Sportage 4x4
    Check my website JYN

Quote Originally Posted by Blue3000GTguy View Post
    Never assume, I've bought one owner cars with 300k miles and nothing had ever been replaced except what failed.
    Is this car a 4 cylinder or v6?

4 Cylinder. It needs front brakes and a couple other things, so I'm sure it will be due at the 105k recommended time.

Quote Originally Posted by memoryman View Post
    4 Cylinder. It needs front brakes and a couple other things, so I'm sure it will be due at the 105k recommended time.
    I always suggest 60k intervals, just because I'd rather not have to buy an engine. The good news is that quality timing components for these cars are relatively affordable, so even if you have to pay someone to do the work you aren't shelling out a whole lot for parts.

The fleet:
    88 Volvo 245 DL
    91 Mitsubishi 3000GT SL
    98 Volvo V70
    01 Kia Sportage 4x4
    Check my website JYN