The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Spare Parts?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 22

Spare Parts?

I understand that there is/was probably a thread for this, but hows about a recent one?
    I don't know how many 7G owners are active on these types of forums anymore, so that's part of why I think we need a fresh thread.

Anyways yeah, spare parts. If anybody has any parts that are good let me know. I'm looking to see what I can find without paying for brand new parts. Even if you don't think I'll need it you can suggest it, you never what weird thing I think I'll need. Any kinds of body parts would be neat, interior parts would be neat. Yeah basically anything. Gently used coilovers? ;D

Why don't you look into picking up a parts car for a few hundred bucks? I'm buying 8gs for $150-300 all day.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
    The fleet:
    88 Volvo 245 DL
    91 Mitsubishi 3000GT SL
    98 Volvo V70
    01 Kia Sportage 4x4
    01 Mitsubishi Galant LS V6 "Deja Vu"
    Check my website JYN

I kinda looked into that route the other day and it's a lot harder to come by 7gs. I saw a few while I looked around, all of them not mangled were other side of the country.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Found this one for cheap. I don't know if the interior parts are the same color, but there you go. Could probably get it for less if not running, because scrap is down.
    Check out this Mitsubishi Galant for $550 on OfferUp http://offerup.co/lLdq/26uFql3vPE

The fleet:
    88 Volvo 245 DL
    91 Mitsubishi 3000GT SL
    98 Volvo V70
    01 Kia Sportage 4x4
    Check my website JYN

Quote Originally Posted by Blue3000GTguy View Post
    Found this one for cheap. I don't know if the interior parts are the same color, but there you go. Could probably get it for less if not running, because scrap is down.
    Check out this Mitsubishi Galant for $550 on OfferUp http://offerup.co/lLdq/26uFql3vPE

Nice job with location, but it's an 02. Kinda looks like a 7g from the side but there's no front picture. Maybe they posted it under the wrong year.

It's not an 02, the poster is an idiot. That's definitely a 7g.

The fleet:
    88 Volvo 245 DL
    91 Mitsubishi 3000GT SL
    98 Volvo V70
    01 Kia Sportage 4x4
    Check my website JYN

It's not an 02, the poster is an idiot. That's definitely a 7g.

See that's what I was thinking but I just could not tell for sure lololol

7g is a much rounder, softer car, whereas the 8g has sharper, more aggressive lines. This individual just isn't smart enough to figure out what year their car is

The fleet:
    88 Volvo 245 DL
    91 Mitsubishi 3000GT SL
    98 Volvo V70
    01 Kia Sportage 4x4
    Check my website JYN

I don't know how many v6 guys are in your area but I found tons of running Diamantes for cheap, too, for 3.5 swaps.

The fleet:
    88 Volvo 245 DL
    91 Mitsubishi 3000GT SL
    98 Volvo V70
    01 Kia Sportage 4x4
    Check my website JYN

I don't know how many v6 guys are in your area but I found tons of running Diamantes for cheap, too, for 3.5 swaps.

Hmmm, I haven't even started thinking about what can be taken from a Diamante... Interesting

Honestly, for you, not much. I would not know if anything would work. But if you had a v6 car, that engine is an upgrade. And for an 8g, direct bolt in, with minor wiring needs. I think you can use all 7g parts, 8g jdm, and 2g dsm

The fleet:
    88 Volvo 245 DL
    91 Mitsubishi 3000GT SL
    98 Volvo V70
    01 Kia Sportage 4x4
    Check my website JYN

A completely different engine isn't really something I see anytime soon. But I'll probably try a DOHC swap from a 4g63 before I do any turbo...so many options I just don't know what's right for me.

For now, go with standard maintenance, and then start small. Brakes, 5spd, exhaust, etc. I have a personal preference for the order in which I prefer to modify a car, but I am one in millions of enthusiasts, so I'm sure there are a billion other methods others prefer.

The fleet:
    88 Volvo 245 DL
    91 Mitsubishi 3000GT SL
    98 Volvo V70
    01 Kia Sportage 4x4
    Check my website JYN

Is 5spd starting small? I thought that required a lot more work and $$? If I'm wrong then hell yeah I wanna do that. I let go of my 5spd sentra a few months back and I miss having that control :/

If you have the mechanical aptitude to do it, I would say you could be in and out with a junkyard transmission for a few hundred bucks, including a new clutch and pressure plate.

The fleet:
    88 Volvo 245 DL
    91 Mitsubishi 3000GT SL
    98 Volvo V70
    01 Kia Sportage 4x4
    Check my website JYN

If you have the mechanical aptitude to do it, I would say you could be in and out with a junkyard transmission for a few hundred bucks, including a new clutch and pressure plate.

I have doubts about my mechanical aptitude. Unfortunately I grew up working on computers and building those. I went to national competition for computer repair and networking, but cars....I finally have found my love for them and I barely understand half the components in an engine.

I definitely don't see a lot of 7g's at the lot, but 1g & 2g Eclipses, Cloud cars, Lancers and Mirages are common - Depends on what you are really looking for, but research what can be used on the 7g, you might be surprised. I also see them popping up on craigslist here and there, there's one around here for $450 right now.

Quote Originally Posted by gtx View Post
    I definitely don't see a lot of 7g's at the lot, but 1g & 2g Eclipses, Cloud cars, Lancers and Mirages are common - Depends on what you are really looking for, but research what can be used on the 7g, you might be surprised. I also see them popping up on craigslist here and there, there's one around here for $450 right now.
    I have a buddy who is about to get rid of his spare 2G Eclipse. Anything I can take from that? I believe it's mostly the Spyders that benefit me.

I have some stuff I need gone. I have a valve cover, universal HFC, extra ecu, I even have a set of skunk2 coils. I have a few other things but i need to do an inventory cuz I have not looked at that stuff in years. Let me know

"Why fart and waste it when you can burp and taste it!"

you guys need to buy another 7g so you can use your spare parts lol
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast