The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Crankshaft position sensor

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 31

Crankshaft position sensor

Hey guys I just got my service engine light checked and I need a crank shaft position sensor changed. Can anyone give me a run down on how to change it? 04 Galant ES 2.4L

Take serpentine belt off take the crank pulley off take belt covers off and it has 2 bolts holding it to the block take them off and there u go..... luckily u dont have to change your timing belt ... I've done it and it's not hard but rather time consuming and patience

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Damn sounds a little out of what I'm comfortable doing.. I thought it would be easier than that. Might have to take it to the shop

lol it's actually easier than changing timing belt

there's ur crank sensorbut u don't need to take the timing belt off for it just the tire off loosen the serpentine belt then take the crank pulley off and those are 4 12 mm bolts... then u see what u see in the picture then take those two bolts off then change and good to go same procedure but backwards

If your gonna take it to the shop might as well change the timing belt water pump and everything and have them replace that on the way

Quote Originally Posted by Mk4&Mk6 View Post
    If your gonna take it to the shop might as well change the timing belt water pump and everything and have them replace that on the way

To be honest I have only 70,000 miles on my car and the timing belt already broke like last year so that's taken care of. I just don't wanna mess with any belts I always have a hard time getting them back on or in the right position. Do you guys think I could do the job? I do most of my own work like changing alternators, thermostats, stuff like that

I really think u could do it I mean u only have to take serpentine belt off and covers other than that it's just changing the sensor and everything else back

I really think u could do it I mean u only have to take serpentine belt off and covers other than that it's just changing the sensor and everything else back

So with the serpentine belt do I have to take it all the way off or just loosen it? Also is it hard to take off? One last thing is, autozone sells the sensor for $54 but online I see it for way cheaper. Who should I buy the sensor from?

Just loosen it up and put it aside... I could do a video to show u ... its way cheaper but these electronic parts I'd rather not mess and get OEM so either autozone or rockauto.com are good reliable places

Your lucky they sell me the sensor for like 80

Just loosen it up and put it aside... I could do a video to show u ... its way cheaper but these electronic parts I'd rather not mess and get OEM so either autozone or rockauto.com are good reliable places

Wow if you could do a video that would be awesome. I need this done on Saturday that's my day off. Thank you so much if you can do it, also I'll but the oem haha

Saturday I'm off as well ii will prob take me like 30 to show u how to do it

Saturday I'm off as well ii will prob take me like 30 to show u how to do it

You wouldn't even believe this, so I was just on break and went home and popped my hood and when I was l leaving I noticed my negative was loose on my battery so I fixed it and get in and boom computer did NOT reset my stereo was still the same and check engine went away. My question is why would a loose terminal throw that code? Also I want to make my negative wire longer what wire should I get? Same gauge or go bigger? Because my negative is too short
    Last edited by MasterMatt209; 08-31-2017 at 04:27 PM Reason: Spelling

Okay so without negative lots of things in the car don't work properly specially sensor. These Japanese motors have lots of electrical stuff and they need the ground. Just get a 4 pure copper gauge or also u can get a grounding kit or just make one by buying some 8 gauge wire and putting one to battery to chassis then chassis to motor then motor to some other parts of chassis

All around the car like some on the driver and some on the passenger and that's great news u saved time and money lol

Okay so without negative lots of things in the car don't work properly specially sensor. These Japanese motors have lots of electrical stuff and they need the ground. Just get a 4 pure copper gauge or also u can get a grounding kit or just make one by buying some 8 gauge wire and putting one to battery to chassis then chassis to motor then motor to some other parts of chassis

You said get 4 gauge or an 8 gauge kit, what's the difference in gauge if anything? I'm gonna use the existing point ground hole and bolt I just need a longer wire. I just need to change one wire and it's the negative terminal to the body

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry for lots of questions but I'm curious if you might know my solution here. So you know how when you open the doers in the car the dome lights come on? And the only way to turn them off is to shut the door. Well my rear dome doesn't work I tried changing the bulb but the front two do. But what's interesting is when I'm in the car with the doors shut I can't turn the dome lights on unless I open the door, and when the door is open I can turn the dome lights off by pushing them in

Okay buy prob a 2 or 3 feets of 4 gauge wire it's thicker cuz that goes from battery to chassis that's the main

Then u need to buy idk maybe 10 feet of 8 gauge wire and your going to run one from the chassis to the motor then from the motor to chassis so u can ground the car more and electrical stuff works properly

Okay do you have an aftermarket radio? I had some problems with the lighting in my car when I tried wiring up an aftermarket radio

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast