The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 2000 Galant Power steering bracket bolts

Showing results 1 to 2 of 2

2000 Galant Power steering bracket bolts

Hello Guys, I need help on my power steering bracket for my 2000 Mitsubishi Galant. A neighborhood Mechanic had replaced my crankshaft position sensor but for got to put back in the the lower bolt for the bracket that goes into the engine. Now the problem I am having is that the bolt is very long, and there is a narrow space between the engine and frame of the vehicle and my neighborhood mechanic is no where to be found. I tried lifting the engine side with a jack to see if I could get it high enough to put in the bolt, but I could only lift so far with a jack lift. Then I thought that I try to us a pry bar to try and force a bigger space between the frame and engine, but a no go. I even tried lowering the side of the engine and will not go low enough for me to fit the bolt back in. I have no idea how he got it out in the first place. Any suggestions for a solution? (Here is a picture to show the bolt. The bolt is @ an angle but will not fit because of the narrow space). I am trying to get my vehicle back up and running so that it will not get towed. Thanks.

- - - Updated - - -

Looks like Image didn't post, so here is the link to view the pic: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B4N2f6-oyCODaGVuQWF2bzR3RlE

When you tries lifting the engine did you take the engine supports off so it could go up? Of AK which ones did you take.i ask because if you did that correctly you can try the opposite where you put the car on stands. Put a good jack with a large wood block between it and the engine and then lower the engine down until you cab putbthebboot in. Or do it like you at doing a timing belt change and take the wheel on that side out and see if it gives ubanymore room but I need to see a larger picture.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk