The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Wobbly Pulley

Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

Wobbly Pulley

Well shit was wonky for awhile with screeching belt until the cause popped up. My ac compressor gave up and locked up, smoke from hood blah blah. Cut that belt. Didn't need it, getting cold Yada Yada. No more problem there, but it helped me identify the next problem. The pulley for the water pump is wobbly. That scares me and I'm gonna miss the webn fireworks tonight because I refuse to drive over an hour. Now, is it a pulley bearing, the pulley itself, orrrrr the water pump itself?? Also how painful is this process gonna be?
    Made a video for yall https://youtu.be/YMf6X0t2Ehg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

That pulley just bolts on to the impeller on the pump. It's timing belt/water pump time or you're gonna buy an engine

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
    The fleet:
    88 Volvo 245 DL
    91 Mitsubishi 3000GT SL
    98 Volvo V70
    01 Kia Sportage 4x4
    01 Mitsubishi Galant LS V6 "Deja Vu"
    Check my website JYN

its time for new water pump. The bearing inside is shot. I wouldnt drive it cuz it may release bearing grease or metal shavings into the coolant
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

Bout to get picked up and head to ORileys for a new one. Right under $50.

My friend with a 2G Eclipse and another buddy and I tried going ahead and changing this out. 3 days later we finally had everything back together and went for a drive and after an overtightened belt and a mystery oil leak it was towed back home for now. We didn't mess with anything that would have made all my oil leak out....looks like it's coming somewhere behind the harmonic balancer. Any ideas?

Jesus Christ. Explain the steps you took. Behind the harmonic balancer would be the crankshaft seal (and oil pump I believe on this engine) and that main crankshaft seal could be leaking.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
    The fleet:
    88 Volvo 245 DL
    91 Mitsubishi 3000GT SL
    98 Volvo V70
    01 Kia Sportage 4x4
    01 Mitsubishi Galant LS V6 "Deja Vu"
    Check my website JYN