The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Intermittent high beams 2001 galant

Showing results 1 to 5 of 5

Intermittent high beams 2001 galant

Hi
    Just joined. Have a strange issue. Initially thought high beams both went out. But started investigate and found the high beams will come on about 5 % of the time. Some times only the right high beam comes on. Obviously the bulbs are not burnt. All other lights operate normally. Has anyone seen this issue before? Any ideas what would cause it? The car is a good runner and low mileage (142k). I am second owner and purchased late 02.

At first I was thinking the issue is in the wiring (which it might be) but it could also be the light switch on the steering column. When mine broke the lights would stay on even after the car was shut off because it would override the system and turn the high beams on. Do the lights flick on/off when driving?
    2002 Mitsubishi Galant ES (SCRAPPED)
    1991 Jeep Comanche (SOLD)
    2002 Honda Accord EX (DAILY)
    1998 Eclipse GST (PROJECT)

The only symptom is the high beams don't come on the same way each time. Some times not at all some times only right light. And most of the time not at all. Dims always work. Fog always work.

The only symptom is the high beams don't come on the same way each time. Some times not at all some times only right light. And most of the time not at all. Dims always work. Fog always work.

change your bulb
    http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...ideoid=2799274

A filipino's number one dream is to own a car before anything else. In the philippines, most private car owners consider their vehicles as an extension of their home but with one differrence: a home is where his wife cooks while a car is where his girlfriend builds a fire. Hmmm...