The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Eprom Ecu car wont start

Showing results 1 to 5 of 5

Eprom Ecu car wont start

Ok so after lots of money spent I have the 95 eprom ecu in the car and I got it to start a few days ago when I had time but it was idling VERY rough. Today I went out and tried to start it again but it won't fire up. To be more specific it sounds like the starter begins to struggle and than it cranks but stops after about 1 rotation than the car seems to almost restart itself. I've tried to swap the plug wires around like they say to but that doesn't change anything. If I wasn't leaving to work right now I'd research it more but I don't have the time. I'm thinking it has to do with the cas but I'm not sure

Car previously I'm told had a blackbox 98 ecu which I still have on hand, and thanks to anyone that can help!
    Last edited by HX_35GalantTony; 10-09-2017 at 04:18 PM

do you have the dsm link or just 95 ecu?

and how did you swap the wires?
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

https://www.ecmtuning.com/wiki/swapplugwires

I swapped it like it said in the diagram, since it's not the 95 cas pretty the cas just needs to be inverted in dsm link. Hopefully I can get my laptop working and hooked up tomorrow and it'll start, I might have just jumped the gun on this one

well its basically the same. you either do it at the coil or via the software. The symptom you describe is exactly what it does when the wires are reversed. Basically the wires from the left coil go to the right coil and the other way around.
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

So than would the crap idle be explained by the cas than? That just seems to make sense to me ig
    Last edited by HX_35GalantTony; 10-10-2017 at 10:32 AM