The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Best Exhaust Upgrade Under $400 for an '02 Galant 3.0L

Showing results 1 to 4 of 4

Best Exhaust Upgrade Under $400 for an '02 Galant 3.0L

I'm a noob about my Galant and am looking for the best exhaust upgrade(s) I can purchase under $400, I would like to get a catback exhaust but it's hard to find one for the V6 model, I've found some results in this forum but am uncertain about exact modifications that would need to be made to make it fit and am uncertain about which catback is the best for my budget. If anyone has any advice about what catback exhaust in my budget would sound and perform the best it would be much appreciated. Cheers.

They have a catback for the Galant on eBay that's only like $150, it's cheap but it changes the sound. You could, however, just take your car to a local muffler shop and have them build you an exhaust with a muffler for around $250. They might be able to source you a high flow cat, then all you would need is a decent set of headers to have a full exhaust.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
    The fleet:
    88 Volvo 245 DL
    91 Mitsubishi 3000GT SL
    98 Volvo V70
    01 Kia Sportage 4x4
    01 Mitsubishi Galant LS V6 "Deja Vu"
    Check my website JYN

The advantage to option two is that you can increase diameter to 2.5in, which will increase flow and add power. The one on eBay is stock diameter. Just prettier and shaped a little more efficiently

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
    The fleet:
    88 Volvo 245 DL
    91 Mitsubishi 3000GT SL
    98 Volvo V70
    01 Kia Sportage 4x4
    01 Mitsubishi Galant LS V6 "Deja Vu"
    Check my website JYN

Eclipse 3G catback, any name brand, most likely used in that price range, but nothing wrong with that. Look for Greddy, Invidia, Injen. All need to be extended about a foot before the muffler on a Galant.