The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: G-spot's Project: GALANCER ES/GTS/GT/LE/SEL or whatever this is

Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

G-spot's Project: GALANCER ES/GTS/GT/LE/SEL or whatever this is

Yeah, so for those not frequent on the Facebook page, I trashed my 8g (see current COTM for pics)

So now I bought a white 2017 Lancer ES

First I hate CVT and second it's an ES so I have to start from the bottom and work my way up the totem pole.

For mod list, I'm going to omit any aesthetics mod and only post performance related stuff

So far it's a K&N drop filter and an EVO X strut bar.

Definitely interested in this build. Looking for either a replacement for my 8g or 2nd/newer car. Kinda curious about the lancers this generation and the one before. Do you know how dependable either one is? Like the mods you've done so far.

I like the car and am excited to see where it goes! Sorry to hear about your G though..
    2002 Mitsubishi Galant ES (SCRAPPED)
    1991 Jeep Comanche (SOLD)
    2002 Honda Accord EX (DAILY)
    1998 Eclipse GST (PROJECT)

Quote Originally Posted by 8thLS6 View Post
    Definitely interested in this build. Looking for either a replacement for my 8g or 2nd/newer car. Kinda curious about the lancers this generation and the one before. Do you know how dependable either one is? Like the mods you've done so far.
    The EVO X strut bar (non Final edition) is rock solid. More stable than the 3g strut bar on my 8g. Planning on buying a rear strut bar later this month. In terms of intakes most of the experienced owners recommend me by getting a K&N drop filter, a Ralliart snorkel (intake inlet tube), and a intake shielding for best results for NA tuning. That would be my next mod.

If I had to compare the 2017 model to my usdm 8g:

- more interior leg room
    - standard navigation/Android/Bluetooth display
    - headlight adjuster
    - electronic display cluster
    - cabin air filter (yes I know)
    - more seat adjustments
    - more gizmos than my 8g wished it had

And I'm a big guy, still had 5 inches of room from my tip of my head to the headliner. Performance wise this car is quick off the feet but not necessary fast compared to its faster brother Evo. Handling out of the factory feels better than the Corolla S but we all know there many upgrades out there so I don't have an accurate answer to that. I like my base 4B11 engine compared to my old 6G72 (stock form). The engine bay is a lot spacious to work around with compared to the v6. I wouldn't recommend the 4B12 engine as it gain a little more power though it sacrifices a significant amount fuel milage (27 avg compared to the 4B11 32 avg)

Nice! Thanks for letting me know. Yeah I'll be coming from a 6g72 myself so I've been using it as a comparison to whatever I look at next. Tried a 4cyl 2013 accord coupe, and feels like my 8g v6 pulls its own weight better just from an easy take off. I never really got into it because it was test drive, and I knew the car wasnt for me. Makes sense how it has less power but weighs around the same with 2 less doors. Can only imagine if I got bigger/heavier wheels.

Well I installed fender flares which was from an 8g.....

Added trunk garnish. I think my car is actually an EX trim lol