The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 7th Gen Galant Front Suspension Conversion on 8G: Can It Be Done?

Showing results 1 to 5 of 5

7th Gen Galant Front Suspension Conversion on 8G: Can It Be Done?

Hello all! Newbie here.

I recently purchased a sweet ‘99 Galant for super cheap. I’ve always wanted one. And I have plans on doing an AWD 4G swap. I am just curious anout the front suspension. I know the USDM Galant uses a macpherson strut setup while the JDM Galant uses a multilink setup. I was just curious if it would be possible for the 7G suspension to be swapped on an 8G. I also believe the 2G Eclipse had a front multilink as well.

I’m aware “Anything can be done with enough cash” but I just want to know because I want to make the car as Vr-4 like as possible. I can’t have the 6A13TT, so I figure the suspension won’t hurt.

Thanks in advance.

evo 8-9 front subframe or 8g v6 front subframe (with mods), 2g auto rear subframe and differential, custom drive shaft (both evo and 2g dsm auto), evo 8 -9 transmission and t-case.
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

Quote Originally Posted by mko View Post
    evo 8-9 front subframe or 8g v6 front subframe (with mods), 2g auto rear subframe and differential, custom drive shaft (both evo and 2g dsm auto), evo 8 -9 transmission and t-case.
    I’ve seen the tutorials online. I know I’ll probably need a donor GSX. I just want to know if it’s possible to run a front multilink on an 8G

And does it have to be auto even if I plan on running a manual?

Quote Originally Posted by Certified811 View Post
    I’ve seen the tutorials online. I know I’ll probably need a donor GSX. I just want to know if it’s possible to run a front multilink on an 8G
    I believe there is no way to use a front multi-link on the USDM 8G unless you were to fabricate the majority of it yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Certified811 View Post
    And does it have to be auto even if I plan on running a manual?
    Yes. The GSX auto rear diff uses the correct gear ratio for compatibility with the Evo 8 and 9 transmission.
    '99 5-Speed GTZ: Forged 3.6L 6G74T 6764 E85
    2017: 552whp/562wtq SBE on 19psi
    '02 Eclipse GT: 6G72 M/T-swapped Daily Driver
    '10 Endeavor: 6G75 AWD Family-mobile

or import one from europe. it already has milti link 7g suspension
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread