The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Tony Project: picking up where he left off and doing my best

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 31

Tony Project: picking up where he left off and doing my best

Prep for story whoring. 16 year old Tony just got his licence and he'd been obsessed with this car he saw on craigslist called an Eclipse cause he thought it was the hottest shit in town, it's an 04 GTS with 60K miles for $1700. So on last minute notice he drives an hour and a half to go pick up his first car. By the time he gets there hes in a sketchy parking lot with two teenage guys buying a car in pitch black. Recipe for disaster right? It ended up not being the worst but had tons of strut rust and was riddled with little problems, but I LOVED IT.

Ended up doing mods with the money I was making as a waiter at the time, the car was pretty cool in a school full of rich white boy ricers. It also proved to my shop teacher I wasn't a retard and got me from a C+ to a 100%

This car got me into the culture and taught me a lot of things from stopping my driverside from flooding from my A/C to replacing the trans when it blew up. Sold the thing for $4500 to some idiot who didn't know what a tire rotation was and thought a clutch was a shift knob. Lucky me haha

So here I am without a car and a shit load of money after being promoted to management at my local IHOP and selling my car. One day I was on craigslist and ended up looking at cars in Chicago only to find what I thought was the sickest shit I'd ever seen, I'd been looking for a second gen eclipse but I stumbled across a built up Galant for sale by mko and after some time I ended up taking a road trip there with some random guys I'd never met that were friends of friends haha.
    I was amazed when I saw the AWD swapped beast he had and kinda felt like I was buying the neglected step child lol no offence intended.

After a couple days I'd realized that I really had jumped head first into a car I didn't understand at all and was left feeling like a idiot. After bugging mko with stupid texts and dumb post online I finally got my shit straight and got ECM link up and running. Drove the car to the wash and than to my local tuner only to run into set back after set back and a soon to be pain to my wallet lol.

This is my favorite and most recent pic of the car. It makes me very happy to say that the few times I did take her for a spin around town people went nuts over the thing. No surprise it's a huge hit in a town full of old farts with their brand new stangs and vettes along with those few kids who have civics with little fart cannons. The plan is to have the thing on the dyno next week Sunday and than get it back in my hands. Hopefully I can put up some videos of us on the dyno. The plans after that are to clean up the interior and body a little, I've been taking inspiration from Solviss's 7g

Hopefully I didn't kill people off with the long stories and I hope to have more updates next week. can't wait to see how much more this car teaches me and where it'll take me thanks for checking this out guys
    Last edited by HX_35GalantTony; 12-03-2017 at 11:45 PM

a lil throw back :)

God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

Ay that's awesome!! Where in Iowa are you from??
    2002 Mitsubishi Galant ES (SCRAPPED)
    1991 Jeep Comanche (SOLD)
    2002 Honda Accord EX (DAILY)
    1998 Eclipse GST (PROJECT)

Awesome! It's nice to see another turbo Galant owner pop up in the Midwest.

At first I was somewhat confused with the username and the 3G Eclipse. I was waiting to see the story unfold to an HX35-boosted 6g72.

When next August comes around, you should consider the All-Mitsu Cookout in Ramsey, MN. Do you ever come up to the Twin Cities for car events?
    '99 5-Speed GTZ: Forged 3.6L 6G74T 6764 E85
    2017: 552whp/562wtq SBE on 19psi
    '02 Eclipse GT: 6G72 M/T-swapped Daily Driver
    '10 Endeavor: 6G75 AWD Family-mobile

Quote Originally Posted by Techn0Nut1996 View Post
    Ay that's awesome!! Where in Iowa are you from??
    Ankeny, a little north of Des Moines

Quote Originally Posted by M-Rod View Post
    Awesome! It's nice to see another turbo Galant owner pop up in the Midwest.

At first I was somewhat confused with the username and the 3G Eclipse. I was waiting to see the story unfold to an HX35-boosted 6g72.

When next August comes around, you should consider the All-Mitsu Cookout in Ramsey, MN. Do you ever come up to the Twin Cities for car events?
    lol I wanted to build that Eclipse so bad but that kid offered me $4,500 for it and I couldn't say no, I was on workmans comp at the time due to a head injury in a bus accident so I couldn't drive it anyways.

I never really had a car to take and meets other than the ones at Iowa state, now that I do I'll have to make it up there for some meets and events. I used to live in Victoria so It'd be nice to visit some old friends while up there too
    Last edited by HX_35GalantTony; 12-05-2017 at 02:18 PM

Quote Originally Posted by HX_35GalantTony View Post
    Ankeny, a little north of Des Moines
    And I'm in Ames, a little north of you ;) haha crazy meeting another guy in the DSM area on here!! Do you know Jesse Guzman? He's on here but his G is broken currently. He spends most of his driving time in his uber clean Evo X anyways.

And trust me, Ankeny is HUGE compared to the town I used to live in hahaha.

Yoo I just saw your next post! I go to ISU and I have never seen this car at the meets?? Are you on the Ames car enthusiasts FB page or ISUAE?

And I'm in Ames, a little north of you ;) haha crazy meeting another guy in the DSM area on here!! Do you know Jesse Guzman? He's on here but his G is broken currently. He spends most of his driving time in his uber clean Evo X anyways.

And trust me, Ankeny is HUGE compared to the town I used to live in hahaha.

Yoo I just saw your next post! I go to ISU and I have never seen this car at the meets?? Are you on the Ames car enthusiasts FB page or ISUAE?
    I come up to Ames to go to the skatepark quite a bit and used to hang with the some people from the Iowa State Stance group all the time, idk if you went to their one big meetup they had I'll throw down some pictures of it. PM me, maybe we're friends through friends lol

There was practically a whole row of EVO's but I lost most my pictures of the meet

Yea that was actually an ISUAE meet, the first one ever! I was only there for the first half hour since I had prior commitments in the afternoon. Iowa state stance got renamed to Ames car enthusiast because soo many people were butt hurt over it.. Stupid shit if you ask me. You can find me on FB if you want, Austin Nutting, I'm in both groups. I look forward to seeing the G at a meet!
    Last edited by Techn0Nut1996; 12-06-2017 at 10:13 PM

Yea that was actually an ISUAE meet, the first one ever! I was only there for the first half hour since I had prior commitments in the afternoon. Iowa state stance got renamed to Ames car enthusiast because soo many people were butt hurt over it.. Stupid shit if you ask me. You can find me on FB if you want, Austin Nutting, I'm in both groups. I look forward to seeing the G at a meet!
    I'll have to get in touch with my buddies that go state and start making it back out to meets, I still have one of my old Iowa State stance stickers I feel like it's a relic now lol

I also picked this up from wrench and go a while back, can't decide if I'm gonna use it or not

Not much progress to report cause the holidays got us bogged down, but the cam gears were changed and now she idles much better and has 100% vacuum. Think my woman's getting tired of me hand braking every turn when it snows here lol

Good to hear Tony. I had a feeling these were the problem

Build Thread

Quote Originally Posted by mko View Post
    Good to hear Tony. I had a feeling these were the problem
    You were defiantly right! It took me a lot of time to get over the intimidation of this car

In other exiting news I picked up some overnight JDM parts from Japan today

excuse the tard face it comes with the -30 temp rn

So in the next picture I'll show it better but I'm pretty disappointed with how much tape residue is left on this thing

All around pretty hyped to get this thing all cleaned up and painted

Nice spoiler Tony! Keep it up

Build Thread

Quote Originally Posted by HX_35GalantTony View Post
    You were defiantly right! It took me a lot of time to get over the intimidation of this car
    In other exiting news I picked up some overnight JDM parts from Japan today
    Don't you just love that feeling!

Quick update and an interesting story. Galant has been a nice piece of lawn art at my tuners house for the last 4 months but progress is being made and she should be finished by the end of feburary, just time to hoard parts ya know hint hint nice things are on the way. Ended up buying a 97 gsx yesterday. Everything checked out on the car I thought until I got about 5min from home and the transfer case locked up and threw me into a nice skid during rush hour. Glad it happened there rather than on the interstate or else you probably would't be reading this, lucky yet unlucky I guess. She's going to need some TLC on the body and interior (and transfer case) shes nothing to bad though makes 500 to the wheels on an hx40

That's the only crappy pic I have of it before it got towed should be running again next week assuming new tcase ships soon
    Last edited by HX_35GalantTony; 02-19-2018 at 11:15 PM

I saw that on FB, I hope you find a new tcase soon! Glad you were safe dude.

Also,

https://desmoines.craigslist.org/cto...494676471.html

Bored with it already? lol or wanting to focus on the 2g?

Last edited by HX_35GalantTony; 03-05-2018 at 10:53 AM

So sadly I didn't take any videos of the street tuning we did on Monday cause my phone died. On the other hand a new throttle cable is needed for the Galant and there's a pretty bad misfire right now so plugs and wires are gonna get swapped in hopes that fixes it. The gsx also got running today which is pretty nice. Everyone's out on spring break going to Mexico and here I am in Iowa dumping all my money into my dsm's XD.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast