The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Tony Project: picking up where he left off and doing my best

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 31 of 31
    It's been a while since I've updated the thread so I'll give a quick rundown of whats going on. Life has been absolutely crazy for me recently and I've had little time or money to work on either of the cars but I have gotten quite a bit of work done. The gsx motor is about to be swapped into a clean 96 talon shell which I'm very exited about, so the galant will be my daily here soon. The galant has a good street tune on it but I've been held back issues with the throttle body and I need to bang out some dents in the oil pan that I forgot were there when I bought it. In the mean time I got a new carpet on the way for the galant which I think will look prety sweet when its in. My hope is to have both cars running perfect before summers over.... I'm getting obsessed with the idea of racing the two lol. I'll throw some pictures of them I took today to prove they exist stil

l

Had a little time to work on the G today and can't stand how crappy the side skirts and some of the other moldings on the car have deteriorated overtime so dropped them and got them all preped to remount on Monday. Also picked up a new oil pan gasket cause I plan on dropping that on Monday as well. Got some brembos from an evo X on the way for the eclipse as well.

got the sideskirts back on today and I must say that they look 100x better now. Other than that got the throttle body off and cleaned it out as well as tenshioned the spring so it pulls the throttle all the way shut now, talk about a frustrating ass job for one person. Didn't get time to drop the oil pan so hopefully I can get that done Tuesday. Last pic is just showing off how great the hood looks on this car

Looks good brother. Just be careful with not having the sheetmetal under the hood. It was there for a reason tho. Slight rainfall and she'll be misfiring. I remember back in the day when I used to put cardboard to prevent rain water getting around the spark plug boots. lol

And the oil pan doesnt use a gasket. It has only RTV from factory.
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

So the eclipse blew something on when we were taking logs on the interstate. The spark plugs are covered in oil but all 4 cylinders are getting compression just fine was going to take off the head on Tuesday and inspect it further, never had to do anything like that so if anyone wants to call out what to look for or something easier than pulling the head feel free to chime in!! I'm very pissed about it cause I just got the brembos in and don't wanna have them sit around forever. In other news the galant's tb is still acting up. Those damn springs wont pull it all the way closed no matter how tight you pull them so I'm waiting on a new 1g tb to come in the mail after that should be good to get back to tuning her.

The TB was rebuilt, i doubt it is the problem. Put a hose clamp on one of the catch can lines and tighten it to restrict the flow. The engine sucks air from the valve cover and it bypasses the TB
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

took a few parts from the new tb stuck em on the old one and now it works just as it should. In spirit of keeping the gsx alive I bought a silver 95 galant es that I'm sure some of you have seen on craigslist and Facebook. Things pretty clean but it's got a few problems. I plan on swapping pretty much everything I can salvage from the gsx and putting in there. Sadly between being stuck in bed sick as could be, and having my hours cut as I'm leaving my management position soon to work for John Deer I haven't had much time at all to work on the cars. As soon as I can get out and start working on them again I'll throw up some pictures of the new g, and with this new job I'll have loads more money and time to put into the cars.

Quote Originally Posted by HX_35GalantTony View Post
    So the eclipse blew something on when we were taking logs on the interstate. The spark plugs are covered in oil but all 4 cylinders are getting compression just fine was going to take off the head on Tuesday and inspect it further, never had to do anything like that so if anyone wants to call out what to look for or something easier than pulling the head feel free to chime in!! I'm very pissed about it cause I just got the brembos in and don't wanna have them sit around forever. In other news the galant's tb is still acting up. Those damn springs wont pull it all the way closed no matter how tight you pull them so I'm waiting on a new 1g tb to come in the mail after that should be good to get back to tuning her.
    I believe I saw the DSM for sale on my local classifieds, giving up on her??
    2002 Mitsubishi Galant ES (SCRAPPED)
    1991 Jeep Comanche (SOLD)
    2002 Honda Accord EX (DAILY)
    1998 Eclipse GST (PROJECT)

Yes, the eclipse is sold I just didn't have the time or money for three cars. The silver galant has become my daily while I work on the "booger" as she's begun getting called. Got some more done to the tune and was able to hit 8psi today and damn did it feel great. Can't do anymore to it till I get back in town next week but I plan on having it finished in time for the cookout in Minnesota
    https://imgur.com/HSbDqyZ
    Last edited by HX_35GalantTony; 07-30-2018 at 09:46 PM

Quote Originally Posted by HX_35GalantTony View Post
    but I plan on having it finished in time for the cookout in Minnesota
    Awesome! Make sure you sign up so that we might have a Galant category again this year. I look forward to seeing you there!
    '99 5-Speed GTZ: Forged 3.6L 6G74T 6764 E85
    2017: 552whp/562wtq SBE on 19psi
    '02 Eclipse GT: 6G72 M/T-swapped Daily Driver
    '10 Endeavor: 6G75 AWD Family-mobile

It's long overdue that I update this build. Had some big changes happen in my life so she got neglected for some time but I've been back at it recently and have gotten a lot done. held off on anymore tuning so I could fix some things about the car being two valve cover bolts that were broken in the head and soldered a lot of the loose connections on the ecu and finally tucked it away so its off the floor. Other than that I re did one of the side skirts again and tore out the carpet cause I've been meaning to put a new one in, and lastly replaced a molding around the drivers door that was letting water in. Now that those valve cover bolts are replaced I actually have a dyno date scheduled so check back after the holidays and there should be a video posted up of it. Sad that I couldn't make it out to the meet in Minnesota but will for sure be there next year assuming the car doesn't take a shit on me haha

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12