The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Can 7G Ignition Distributor be repaired?

Showing results 1 to 10 of 10
    NOyPz

Can 7G Ignition Distributor be repaired?

There are times that the car won't start right away.. Just wondering if it can be repaired? or should I just replace it with a good surplus?

NOyPz
    I also noticed that when I'm in uphill, from full stop to go, the engine has a strong vibration.. I don't think it is normal.. I have replaced most of my engine support bushing.. Could the culprit also be the Ignition distributor? TIA

need more info on the car/ engine
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

NOyPz
    It is a 2.0 4G63 sohc engine EFI. The ignition distributor is short. It vibrates more when A/C is on. Played a little with twisting the distributor for timing, I believe I got the right position. I had replaced the fuel pump, cleaned gas tank, replaced spark plugs.. No check engine light. Thank you for your response :)
    Last edited by NOyPz; 12-12-2017 at 05:50 PM

NOyPz
    [IMG][/IMG]

the engine has balance shafts that rotate in opposite direction to smooth the vibrations. They rely on a separate belt which is behind the timing belt where the oil pump is. When that belt breaks, vibrations occur because the motor is no longer balanced.

About the distributor - it could have a weak coil or other components that may be failing. Best way is to replace it.

Build Thread

NOyPz
    Thank you for your reply. I have a question though, I heard that there were two belts? The one that is longer which is the timing belt? so the shorter belt is for the balancer shaft? If yes, I was told by the mechanic that the small belt was still in good shape so he only replaced the longer one.

NOyPz
    [IMG][/IMG]

This might be the cause of the vibration, cheap quality pressure plate. What brand do you use?

Quote Originally Posted by NOyPz View Post
    Thank you for your reply. I have a question though, I heard that there were two belts? The one that is longer which is the timing belt? so the shorter belt is for the balancer shaft? If yes, I was told by the mechanic that the small belt was still in good shape so he only replaced the longer one.
    Yes thats cool and all but theres a procedure to do the balance shaft belt and if not followed the shaft goes out of sync and vibrations occur.

As for clutch chatter, it happens with 6 puck or 4 puck clutches mostly. I dont think you have that kind of clutch tho. As for the pressure plate, yes it can happen and if everything is working correctly you can eliminate it by adjusting the clutch pedal properly.

Look into EXEDY clutch kit. They are very good for the money

https://www.ebay.com/itm/EXEDY-05051...9aGKpk&vxp=mtr

- - - Updated - - -

Also check your axles.

Build Thread

NOyPz
    Gotcha. I'll have it checked then. Thank you