The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Recommend oil

Showing results 1 to 3 of 3

Recommend oil

What oil type do you guys think I should use in my G she’s a 2.4 with 162. I drive around 2k miles a year. During school she moves almost everyday, but when school is out she only moves a couple times a month. I only change my oil once a year though both hot summers and frozen winters. I want to find the best brand/weight or oil, additive combo for me to protect her and reduce the valve noise after long resting periods. I currently use the recommend oil.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by justin13; 02-04-2018 at 09:49 PM

I've been using Amsoil Signature 0w30 for many years, and I feel it's the most reliable oil for our engines. It reduced my lifter tick and has an extended oil change interval. Remember, if you need to go for extended change intervals, you need to get an extended change interval filter as well.

One of the benefits of a good synthetic is extended change intervals. If you are going to just change it once a year at around 2k miles I guess it kind of sounds like a waste to me. My suggestion would be to either go longer on a change or use a good conventional with lucas oil stabilizer and don't skimp on the filter. Can't go wrong with amsoil, Mobil 1,Castrol, Valvoline, royal purple, delo or rotella. 0-30 or 5-30
    Last edited by w/oarctic7g; 02-07-2018 at 11:05 AM

7g Dirt Racer- 95 Galant- 4g64,5speed swap, external coil, dohc swap, 60mm t.b., b.s., a.c., p.s. delete, battery relocate.
    7g Street- 94 Galant GS- 2.0 4g63t, awd conversion, auto swap, 98 gsx ecu, fmic, maft, bs delete.
    3g 00 eclipse gt 3.0 at