The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Article: Server Migration Updates

Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

Server Migration Update

All,

On March 3rd, we began migrating TGC to a new server. The migration is nearly complete and we have worked through a lot of small issues already. However, it appears that somewhere along the way, users lost the ability to post. We are aware of the issue and are working to resolve it as quickly as possible. We will post updates here as we learn more. Thanks for your patience.

Love,
    TGC

All,

On March 3rd, we began migrating TGC to a new server. The migration is nearly complete and we have worked through a lot of small issues already. However, it appears that somewhere along the way, users lost the ability to post. We are aware of the issue and are working to resolve it as quickly as possible. We will post updates here as we learn more. Thanks for your patience.

Love,
    TGC

3/5/18 Update: It looks like posting is working again. There seems to be an issue with the URL parsing module in vBulletin. New forum replies and new threads should be fixed but some of the social stuff (private messages, profile comments, etc) may not be working yet. For those components, there is a temporary workaround: uncheck the "Automatically parse links in text" box below the message editor before sending the message.

3/6/18 Update: Lots of posts are not displaying correctly, most likely due to bbcode/url parsing issues. I have temporarily reactivated the old site so you can still access the famed how-tos section. The old site is operating in READ ONLY mode, and can be accessed at old.thegalantcenter.org

3/27/18 Update: After fighting a multitude of compatibility issues with the new server, I made the decision to roll back to the old server for the time being. I apologize for the inconvenience.

Thanks Rob for continuing to manage TGC!