The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Glove Box does not sit flush

Showing results 1 to 14 of 14

Glove Box does not sit flush

My glove box does not sit flush and I have tightened all the bolts that I think I can and it still wont sit flush. It always looks like its open about a quarter inch. When I drive on a semi bumpy road it shakes and really rattles loud. Are there any screws that I can't see that I can tighten to fix this problem. Also, the latch on the door is fine, and the hook that attaches into the glove door is not bent. I just think the brace is sagging where the hook/loop is.

Any ideas?
    Love,
    Matt

TWISTED II
    mine does that too, and i remember this topic coming up a while back. i remember people saying that the 99-01 glove boxes basically suck, and that the way to fix it, for whatever reason, is to replace the latch and all the hardware with the 02+ stuff. i think they were saying it was a lil more beefy and it should eliminate that problem.

I'll take it to the dealer and have them fix it, and while I am waiting, take the Evo for a spin to waste time.
    Love,
    Matt

Let them pay while you play 8) 8) 8)
    Join TGC NY, Click Image to enter

i have a 02 es, and mines the exaCT SAME as u described it Matt!

it looks like it wants to open and it rattles like a bitch, especially going over bumpy roads/railroad trackz!!!
    Semper Fi'

jeremy4024
    Mine is also the exact same and I looked for an answer to this about a week ago and couldn't find one... Any suggestions without having to go buy new parts from the dealer?

I never paid enouth attention to see if it was flush but when I go driving at about 70-80 it starts rattling so I just open it. i'd take it to the dealer but they'll probably say teh same thing they always say.....gotta take the body kit off before we'll look at it.
    C.J. Cameron
    RETIRED TUNER!!!!

"Keeping it Simple"

Experienced TGC Member Kalamidad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazarus
    I never paid enouth attention to see if it was flush but when I go driving at about 70-80 it starts rattling so I just open it. i'd take it to the dealer but they'll probably say teh same thing they always say.....gotta take the body kit off before we'll look at it.
    That is such bullSHI#, on their part.
    -Pedro

gost2002es
    mine is like that too, and it pisses me off

My99GTZ
    My glove box rattled and didn't sit flush... so today when I was wiring up my system I took a look at it.. and I remember someone saying somethign about removing the metal plate in the box.. so I took the whole glove box apart and took off the metal plate.. and so far it sits flush and it doesn't rattle... haven't hit the highway yet but we'll see.. that just may be the solution...

Calipso
    Anyone know if when u bring it to the dealership they actually charge you to fix it considering it is a defect on their part?

Experienced TGC Member
    my solution is to wrap enough elictrical tape around the "U" shaped latch, so it beefs it up, and it clicks better. Kinda a ghetto setup, but then again not to many people open my glove box.

also I just spent 3 hours securing 1 god damn speaker, so it wouldnt rattle anymore.

clone2020
    I had to take apart my dash today to look at the wiring and noticed that the Glove Box latch is only supported by plastic.

|----------------LATCH----------------|

So, over time the plastic will stretch making your glove box appear to sag or not sit flush.

|-----________LATCH________-----|

There are 2 screws that hold the latch that you can tweak upwards making the gap smaller. Hope it works for you guys...

-Mike.