The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Need advice on Galant 2.4L

Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

Need advice on Galant 2.4L

I'm new owner of 2002 Mitsubishi Galant ES 2.4L, don't know whole lot bout car except some electrical issues, timing belt was replaced.. I got car to start after a jump, at my first guess I believe timing is off.. Car crank ok but took a min to actually fire, runnin pretty rough as whole car shakin, it holds idle til throttle is applied.. Not full wide open throttle but feathering lightly.. Motor started to run very rough, within few secs backfire then stall.. Took another few mins to restart, same thing occurred... Could timing be off?????

Sent from my LG-TP260 using Tapatalk

With your symptoms, it might have thrown a code. Is your Check Engine Light on?

Quote Originally Posted by tamim13 View Post
    With your symptoms, it might have thrown a code. Is your Check Engine Light on?
    It comes n goes... Lady I got it from had some Yahoo replace timing belt, but from what I can see it doesn't look like timing cover was ever removed.. There was a "Front ECU" module sittin on pass seat, not sure what it control or why it was replaced

Quote Originally Posted by mr.ryanhanson3 View Post
    It comes n goes... Lady I got it from had some Yahoo replace timing belt, but from what I can see it doesn't look like timing cover was ever removed.. There was a "Front ECU" module sittin on pass seat, not sure what it control or why it was replaced

Get the codes read, if it's coming and going, there might be a code still stored on the ECU.

Quote Originally Posted by tamim13 View Post
    Get the codes read, if it's coming and going, there might be a code still stored on the ECU.
    Alrighty, I have to get my hand's on one... Can't drive car as no tags yet plus brakes r completely shot... I'll be in touch, thanks

As I suspected by the way ole girl was throwin a fit, Timing Belt was never replaced.. Not gonna waste my time with it, off to the scrap yard for it