The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: VSS vs. ISS/OSS Transmission problems

Showing results 1 to 2 of 2

VSS vs. ISS/OSS Transmission problems

Hi, long time since last post, but I really need your help. I have a 2.4 2001, and the Transmission started to fail, well, I end up having to change it, because right now I can't afford to repair it, I will deal with it at a future time; I got a hold of a 2002 2.4 in good shape for just $125 so I already got it mounted and working, it's all good except for the speed indicator, witch in the 01 it uses a VSS, and in the 02 uses the ISS/OSS signal. So, here is my question: Is there a way to get the signal from the ISS/OSS to work with the VSS sistem? I guess there must be a way, similar to the 5 speed swap. Please any help will be very appreciated.
    De que estamos hablando?

I imagine you could remove the plug on the 2002 transmission above the differential where the VSS would go on the 2001 transmission, and install the VSS into the 02 trans. Since you already have the wiring in place, it should be a direct swap.

When you remove the plug from the 02 trans, you should be able to see the differential to make sure that it has the speedo gear integrated into it.
    '99 5-Speed GTZ: Forged 3.6L 6G74T 6764 E85
    2017: 552whp/562wtq SBE on 19psi
    '02 Eclipse GT: 6G72 M/T-swapped Daily Driver
    '10 Endeavor: 6G75 AWD Family-mobile