The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Tanabe DF210 with KYB AGX

Showing results 1 to 9 of 9

Tanabe DF210 with KYB AGX

First lemme say how dead this forum is nowadays and i hope to bring a little spirit back to anyone that is still alive out here.. I know i have zero rep here from recent posts and my apologies to anyone for my young immature remarks lol but i have recently found a new car as my other was rusted junk as you all said.

I recently purchased a 2002 galant on craigslist for $900 seller was asking $1400. Spotted a few things wrong like the tires had cupping on the rear and especially the driver rear which i ended up blowing out the strut first week of purchase; and it had a rough start when looking it over and seller spit out that the crankshaft sensor might be going as they just had the timing belt replaced less than 4000 miles ago, and that i shouldnt turn it off if i am doing multiple stops as it takes a while for it to start after shutting it off, but other than that the engine bay is clean of any rust and strut towers and firewall are clear too and it looks perfect for a manny swap... So i get it back to the house after purchase and find that the starter nut is loose and arching and has been for a while from the signs of the nut, so i cleaned everything up with wire brushes and put the starter back together and it fires like normal. Then one morning i had a oil leak and oil light pop on and it stalled out on me, poured some oil in and got me back to the house for an immediate oil change and spot an oil leak by the timing cover.. which i havent completely solved yet just been kinda too busy and it stopped leakiing as much as i put lucas stop leak in and used a wix oil filter. But other than that i have cancer on the trunk lid and the roof of the car not the hood yet. So im looking to plastidip it black in the very near future when this weather breaks on the eastcoast..
    but i just bought this for starters then its to the 5 speed swap which i have almost everything sitting around to get it going. So back to the suspension, i got kyb agx on the way and tanabe DF210 which is a 2.1” front drop and 1.9” on the rear. Im still on steelies so well see it how it starts off with this new baby. Ill hAve more pics soon when i get this all in the mail in a week i should be installing that weekend. So again sorry for anything in the past but cheers to the future

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2kGblackONblack4g64

A friend of mine had the Tanabe/AGX combo on his 3G Eclipse a few years ago. The ride height made for a nice appearance, but it was a rough ride compared to Tein S-Tech.

My assumption was that he had the struts/shocks set too high.
    '99 5-Speed GTZ: Forged 3.6L 6G74T 6764 E85
    2017: 552whp/562wtq SBE on 19psi
    '02 Eclipse GT: 6G72 M/T-swapped Daily Driver
    '10 Endeavor: 6G75 AWD Family-mobile

Quote Originally Posted by M-Rod View Post
    A friend of mine had the Tanabe/AGX combo on his 3G Eclipse a few years ago. The ride height made for a nice appearance, but it was a rough ride compared to Tein S-Tech.

My assumption was that he had the struts/shocks set too high.
    Good to hear someone tried it on eclipse atleast lol i couldnt find many reviews on tanabe, so i said why not be the first.. im looking forward to the drop. But prepared for a rough ride, Have to sacrifice some things in life to appreciate other things sometimes lol

2kGblackONblack4g64

Got the KYB AGX in the mail yesterday. Tanabes were discontinued and I didnt realize it till the shocks came in, just been too busy with switching jobs at the moment.. so i just ordered the Tein S-Techs and should be here this week sometime.
    Thanks to Auto City Imports on the fast delivery for the shocks though!
    I was expecting them this thursday but they came in yesterday, on a monday.

2kGblackONblack4g64

That's a lot of money for shocks and lowering springs. U can get a set of clean used coilovers for the same price.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64T (Samantha)
    '01 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (Daily)
    '02 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '91 Volvo 740 Turbo B230FT (SOLD)
    '88 Mitsubishi Mighty Max (SOLD)
    '91 Kawasaki ZX7 (SOLD)
    '95 Kawasaki ZX9R

I been trying to post a photo of it lowered now but its not working... i also put Ebay OBX headers with downpipe with no catback (yet) or cats so it just ends under the driver seat and its loud asf and very fun to get someone out the fast lane of the highway when they are going 50 in a 65;). Its still auto but i swap it into neutral everytime i pass a cop so i dont get hassled. Been like 2 months now and i work in one of the hottest cities that pull over tuner cars for tint or loud exhaust and i have been thinking about the tint BUT Loud exhaust PLUS TINT is guaranteed pulled-over, i feel like im camouflage if i throw it in neutral and float by with traffic though i would love the tint. the Cleveland, Ohio struggle is real lol

2kGblackONblack4g64

And btw the struts and springs are excellent, i ran into a problem though, i had to cut the bushing sleeve at the top in half as it was too long, it was about a qtr of an inch longer than the older one, and the older one wouldnt fit as well, it needed to be cut too, so i just cut the new one, weird because the OEM shock is the same exact length as the KYB AGX and it looks like the OEM bushings are a little bit different than the moog replacements.. (1 metal plate extra for the OEM bushings that came off)so very small difference but it means alot when compressing and getting that locknut on the top..?

I ordered from rock auto and i actually had to reuse the Old “Bump Stop” as well because the new one i got was an inch too long so it wasnt enough to get the Nut on the top of the strut when i compressed everything down... it kinda pissed me off but i figure the plastic cover will cover the old bump stop so it shouldnt matter.. has anyone ever ran into these problems or did i just get a longer sleeve than i was supposed to? Weird shit but everything is installed and working great. My KYB’s are all set to 2.

2kGblackONblack4g64

2kGblackONblack4g64

Something isn't right. What exactly did you order and did you reuse? Pictures are worth a thousand words but one ever had to cut anything when they lowered their car before.

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64T (Samantha)
    '01 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (Daily)
    '02 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '91 Volvo 740 Turbo B230FT (SOLD)
    '88 Mitsubishi Mighty Max (SOLD)
    '91 Kawasaki ZX7 (SOLD)
    '95 Kawasaki ZX9R