The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Speedbumps and ground clearance

Showing results 1 to 3 of 3

Speedbumps and ground clearance

Hi guys!

Have you ever hit the bottom of your 7Gs passing the speedbumps?.

I have my 7G with stock suspension for now and I want to put a sport suspension for occasional trackdays but I want to keep it OK for daily driving and I'm scared because of this. My problem appears when we travel 4 or 5 people and I have to pass some speed bumps and the middle part of the bottom of the car hits or rubs against the road, I would like to know if any of this happened to you and if it is something strange I want to know the cause, Any suspension problem? Worn suspension? Sometimes I have also thought about the springs...

Example pic of a speed bump: https://i.blogs.es/193edf/badenes-il.../1366_2000.jpg

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by MC_Gredy; 06-20-2018 at 12:12 PM

I believe those are actually classified as "speed humps" but I know that's not what you are asking lol. My 2g is pretty low, and the intercooler piping is even lower (thanks previous owner) and I avoid speed bumps and humps entirely. I have friends that say screw it and go over them anyways (and their undercarriages reflect it) but in my area they aren't common enough that I have to go over them, and generally can route myself around them with ease. Really it comes down to how low you go if you'll have issues or not.
    2002 Mitsubishi Galant ES (SCRAPPED)
    1991 Jeep Comanche (SOLD)
    2002 Honda Accord EX (DAILY)
    1998 Eclipse GST (PROJECT)

Quote Originally Posted by Techn0Nut1996 View Post
    I believe those are actually classified as "speed humps" but I know that's not what you are asking lol. My 2g is pretty low, and the intercooler piping is even lower (thanks previous owner) and I avoid speed bumps and humps entirely. I have friends that say screw it and go over them anyways (and their undercarriages reflect it) but in my area they aren't common enough that I have to go over them, and generally can route myself around them with ease. Really it comes down to how low you go if you'll have issues or not.
    Thanks Techn0Nut1996, I've already purchased and received my KYB AGX's, now I'm doubting about the springs, I thought to mount -30mm H & R springs but I'm scared about the ground clearance, 7G original ground clearance is 120mm at least here in Europe, so my car would be with 90mm, I dont know what to do because I would like to mount sport springs but I do not want to scrape on those humps.

Any advice on what to do?, is going to be my first sport suspension and I would like you to advise me since you have much more experience than me.