The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Owner of a 2002 Mitsubishi Galant GTZ V6 3L automatic.

Showing results 1 to 5 of 5

Owner of a 2002 Mitsubishi Galant GTZ V6 3L automatic.

Hello! I found this forum about a year ago, and didn't know if it was still active and saw many posts unanswered. But, it looks like there are quite a few people who still share and I'm like my Galant and really would like to restore it.

I bought it for $650.00, and because of the repairs it needs, I had planned on driving it until it died. It had just over 259,000 miles on it and I just broke 280,000 miles! I have literally done nothing to it besides brakes and used tires. I need a new suspension. And my exhaust is falling apart. Need new catalytic coverters, spark plugs, O2 sensors, but the motor feels strong and the transmission shifts good, sometimes a short delay between 1st and 2nd gear when it's cold. I'll post pictures soon! I have the 8th generation if I'm correct? I need to know if it's worth staying with the car or scrapping it. :/

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

Welcome back! Yes, you would have an 8th generation Galant. A lot of the things you just listed are easily fixable and come with the age/mileage of the car. Whether or not it is worth it staying with the car is up to you. Do you have the time/money to put into the car to get it up to par? Do you have the means to get a different car if you decide to scrap the Galant? What someone sees as not worth their time, others see as a challenge and not a big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by seanske99 View Post
    Welcome back! Yes, you would have an 8th generation Galant. A lot of the things you just listed are easily fixable and come with the age/mileage of the car. Whether or not it is worth it staying with the car is up to you. Do you have the time/money to put into the car to get it up to par? Do you have the means to get a different car if you decide to scrap the Galant? What someone sees as not worth their time, others see as a challenge and not a big deal.
    Thanks for the thoughtful advice. We'll, I'd love to fix it but I'd have to work on it a little at a time! I'm willing to put $3000.00 into it, but I guess I'm concerned about how long the engine will last and about the rust. I made a post about it in the 8th Gen thread w/ some pictures. I hope you check it out.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

Koonus
    Hello! I know I am little late :) but I am curious about what happened in the end, did you restore it. I am thinking about restoring my dad's old galant for it to become my son's first car.

Question

I don't think the OP will respond. The thread has been posted 2 years ago.