The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Is my G ok..?

Showing results 1 to 2 of 2

Is my G ok..?

So I've read a couple places that the SOHC 4G64 is non interference, and a couple places say it is. So I don't know how bad I may have messed up...

I was turning into work today and midturn my car shut off, the oil light came on. I glided into my parking spot and got out to check the oil, I was really confused and didn't see any leaks. It was a tad low, but not crazy. I had changed the alternator a few days ago so checked all of the wires and stuff everything looked good. The car wouldn't start. I tried starting it a good couple a times to listen to it and I could tell it wasn't from an electrical issue. Talking to my buddy he suggested checking the Timing Belt... I lifted the top cover and sure the fuck enough it had snapped. Original belt, definitely needed changed...but anyways, got her towed home and well...before I knew it was the belt I tried cranking her so many times am I gonna be fucked orrrrrrr? :(

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

its an interference motor so you know.... best way is to install a new belt and do a compression test. If any of the cylinders doesnt pump up 180-200 psi then you have bent valves
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread