The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: spark plug

Showing results 1 to 4 of 4
    john mars

spark plug

i had my denso's installed at 34k mi, now i have 65k m. i would like to clean those plugs. r they hard to take out,meaning do i need special tools to pull out the coil plug wires, twist?. what method is the proper way? pls respond for the peeps who have done thei own sparks, thanxs

if its a v6, dont waste your time.
    provided you have installed the proper platinum plugs, they dont require ANY servicing.

if you have a 4 cylinder, youre suppost to replace them every 15 k anyway, so cleaning is pointless.

what im trying to say is that basically, cleaning plugs is something that hasnt been needed on modern cars in about 15 to 20 years.

Senior TGC Member
    Yeah...what he said Personally I have the cash to just buy new plugs rather than spend time cleaning, so I go the new plugs route. Same with my dad.
    "Daisy tumbled short of his dreams, not through her own fault, but because of the colossal vitality of his illusion... No amount of fire or freshness can challenge what a man will store up in his ghostly heart. " - F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

"I have not failed 700 times. I have not failed once. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work." - Thomas Edison

Not to mention that if you do have a V6, it's a bitch to get to the 3 plugs in the rear. You need to take some things apart. In doing so you will need some new gaskets. So, basically it's not worth it unless you are changing the plugs, in which case you should let a mechanic do it.

If you have an I4, then just get some new plugs and replace them yourself.