The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 2003 ES 2.4L Body work question

Showing results 1 to 3 of 3

Icon5 2003 ES 2.4L Body work question

Started driving her around 210k or so, now she's sitting at 239k and has some significant read end damage from people literally hitting me.. I'm in the process of buying her and was wondering what anyone thinks it would cost to get those dents out and a new bumper installed? It's a 2003 Galant ES, very solid car and great engine! Runs like a champ, other than when it bogs down a bit from either a suspect vacuum leak (possibly the intake mani) or a faulty tps, although I have no check engine lights or other issues. Sometimes when it's cooler days or I just started the car from sitting for a bit, it will feel normal and then feel rough running again, along with an unstable idle at park Also when the car gets in this state, it seems to run a little slower with the ac on.. The idle will slightly go up and down by no more than 150 rpms.(between 600-750 or so during idle. Anyway, glad to be a part of the G community and super ready to start fixing it up and modding her! :))

Welcome to TGC! Take it from someone who has been rear ended twice and is on his 3rd 8g now: that is not worth to fix. You can find a good shell-worthy Galant if you look hard 500-1000, a good running one under 3K any day, with less mileage. Transplant over anything if you need, save the parts for spare, or even sell them for recovery. The idle / bogging issue sounds likely the IAC is going.

Thanks my friend, I will look into a replacement IAC valve in that case! Cheers!