The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: power window issue

Showing results 1 to 8 of 8

power window issue

Intermittent passenger front window. When it works it operates like it should. Then it just quits. Neither switch works. All other windows are fine. Suggestions?

Assuming the connection is fine, window regulator. Hit me up if you need one, I got a few laying around.

I have same issue and just installed new regulator and motor.

Any suggestions..didnt wanna make new thread if not necessary.

Thanks, and OP hope your issue gets fixed

Are you getting power to it? All switches testing good?

Sorry didn't get notification u replied I don't think. But yeah other windows except passenger front work. I press button and feel like i can hear regulator few times and then after while I hear nothing. I know last time I got to get the window to go up and down, it kept going down longer than I held the button down. Almost like auto window.

So wonder if the driver master switch is keeping the passenger front from getting enough power or getting stuck somewhat, and thats how the window went down a second longer than it should.

Also ordered a new 30amp fuse for window. Don't know if it will make a difference, but the one in the fuse box is kinda black with specs of dust..almost looks like specks of pencil lead.

2 dollars cheaper than local, and advance auto is out of stuck.

Another question, should motor be hot..took door panel off to have a look and noticed the motor is hot.

Is it possible the switch could be powering it in an up postiion when its already up.and burning it out? This is with the new regulator and motor btw.

Yeah, the master switch could very well be the culprit. The small switches obviously can be swapped around to test them but I never have seen those going bad. The master, yes.

New master switch worked. Thanks for help