The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 4g63 swap 4g69 galant?

Showing results 1 to 7 of 7

4g63 swap 4g69 galant?

Hi I'm new to this forum and i don't know if someone has asked this already but does anyone know if the 4g63 would fit good in the 9g galant (i have the 4g69) like what custom work would it need cause i mean the galant has a good amount of room for more engine no? sorry if this is an annoying or dumb question. if this has been asked before can i get a link to it please and thank you

hey, Did you ever go through with the swap?

No I didn't nobody replied as you can see I've looked into a lot of the sort but going awd is a bit much for me rn cause I don't think they make fwd only trans for the 4g63 if it's not from the gst and that is like a flipped engine so that would make extra work but I am looking for a cheap wrecked 4g eclipse to manual swap the 9g galant and maybe a 4g63 head from an evo 9 hard to find for a good price.

Well damn. Yea i just picked up a pretty clean 03 V6 G and after reading a lot of these threads i might just swap that engine to manual instead of swapping the whole motor and trans for a 4g63. Not many V6 swap threads that i have found so far. Most are for the I4.

03 so you have 8g galant right nice yeah most forums and groups I've seen people don't like the v6 different reasons from everyone it's mainly about the l4 lol for manual tho at least for my car you need a small list of parts that can all be gotten for the 4g eclipse trans ecu break booster etc it doesn't look to complicated it should be easier for yours did you post on the forums of FB groups

I actually don’t have social media so I can’t go look or ask on there. I’ve seen one person just turbo the v6 and get good power from it. The person just upgraded internals. They also said the Tranny swap made a huge difference. I think the v6 is the same with buying a few parts for the swap from what I’ve gotten. But I’ve seen people go with 3g eclipse parts. Still researching so hopefully I find someone with a V6 project soon

Quote Originally Posted by leored83 View Post
    03 so you have 8g galant right nice yeah most forums and groups I've seen people don't like the v6 different reasons from everyone it's mainly about the l4 lol for manual tho at least for my car you need a small list of parts that can all be gotten for the 4g eclipse trans ecu break booster etc it doesn't look to complicated it should be easier for yours did you post on the forums of FB groups
    Hey man talk to Sabertooth about it. He has a fully built 4g69 engine with the 5spd FWD manual trans doing around 350-400Whp or maybe more. 4g63 is nice but in the end with some money into the 69 and it will flow much smoother and better than the 63 for less money probably even. Also great to note that the 4g69 crankshaft is lighter and stronger than the 4g63 stock to stock and it can handle 1,000hp and around 1,100hp or so it starts microcracking. However you’ll have a hard time getting up there before running into issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk