The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: El Galante Build

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 25

El Galante Build

Hey folks, I drive a 12 Galant ES 2.4L(4g69) 4spd Automatic(F4A4B) with 136k miles. Has had head rebuilt once after first timing belt job. All work is done by yours truly. In this thread I will explain in detail how I will be swapping shock assemblies with lowering springs (WORKS) , swapping seats , swapping a rear sway bar with the lower control arms(my vehicle only has front sway bar not rear), and swapping an entire engine and trans to my vehicle from a 07 eclipse GS with 70k miles. Since there is no 5spd manual option on the 9g Galant (2004-2012) I thought I should buy a running but messed up 4g eclipse GS 5spd (06-12).
    Hope you guys enjoy and I will keep all of you updated as I progress thru this project.

07 Eclipse GS 5spd

12 Galant ES 4Spd auto

Before with short ram and now with DC Sports CAI.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

April 2nd 2019
    Removed the tires and vehicle is on jack stands. Proceeded to buy a 32mm axle nut socket. Took the safety clip off and loosened it with a breaker bar. After doing so I hammered it a bit and it came out. Then I loosened the shock assembly to hub bolts which size is 24mm socket . After loosening the 2 I let the hub down and started to remove the axle by prying it with two flat head screwdrivers on the ends. Covered the spline opening with some shop towels that way it won’t get dirt inside. The strut tower nut size are 14mm as well. Slowly but surely the project is coming together. Stay tuned.

El Galante Build

April 4th 2019
    Removed all the engine wiring harness unplugging every wire this includes: o2 sensors,coil packs, injectors, MAF Sensor, MAP sensor, power steering pump cable, EGR valve, TB , camshaft sensor, Mivec sensor, oil pressure sensor, alternator voltage regulator wire,crankshaft sensor, reverse sensor, master brake cylinder level wire,fan wires, might be missing some but thats all I can remember from top of my head. After removing these I used a 10mm, 12mm and 14mm to loosen almost all the fuse box and ECU bolts that hold it down and the small grounds and battery ground with 10mm. 12mm was for alternator positive cable and starter positive cable as well as the two bolts holding the ECU down and the 3 battery tray bolts. 14mm was for the trans ground bolt from trans to engine. Now all the wiring harness after pried off just needs to be removed from the interior

Last edited by Mk4&Mk6; 04-07-2019 at 09:50 PM

El Galante Build

April 5th 2019
    Removed the stock Shock assemblies from the Galant and installed the Lowered Shock assemblies from the eclipse. Need a 24mm for the hub nuts, 14mm for the front sway nut with a 5mm Allen wrench(this is very needed the bushing will just spin about if you don’t hold the center with this tool) and 12mm for the brake line mount and for the
    Wheel speed Sensor mount. Also 14mm for the strut tower nuts(3 of them). They fit like a glove with no issues so far.

Works Lowering springs 1.3 inch drop

Last edited by Mk4&Mk6; 04-07-2019 at 09:55 PM

Pics?

April 6th 2019
    Removed the Rear Shock assemblies and the rear sway bar with the lower control arm and swapped it to the Galant.

One control arm with sway bar and end link other without.

Broke the sway bar end link so just went and bought two new ones.
    Also removed the sportier Eclipse seats to swap on the Galant for these

And removed the steering rack with the ignition switch and steering wheel.

I love how most parts cross over so easily on these cars

Quote Originally Posted by xd_01 View Post
    I love how most parts cross over so easily on these cars
    I do like that too a lot. So far could add a rear sway bar if you just swap the lower rear control arms off the eclipse to theGalant. And could swap with Eclipse shock assembly. Not sure about steering rack but worth a try. The seats not sure but if they do I have to reset the SRS.

Anymore updates on this build?

Quote Originally Posted by leored83 View Post
    Anymore updates on this build?
    Yes sir will update with pics today afternoon been working over 100 hours every two weeks.

Awesome to hear

April 9th 2019
    Removed the gas pedal ,brake pedal and clutch pedal assemblies. Also removed the Master brake cylinder along with the slave cylinder and the Brake booster as well. Gas pedal had two inside 12mm nuts holding it and a plug for the pedal sensor. Brake pedal has two 12 mm up top and 4 12mm holding the brake booster and the pedal together. Also will need to take the clip off and separate the pedal and the brake booster.
    To remove the Clutch pedal remove the two 12mm nuts holding the slave cylinder. For this swap you could use auto or manual master brake cylinder but on the auto you would have to drill a hole in the side and install a fitting and use a hose that goes to the slave cylinder.

April 13 2019
    Got a 2 Ton Shop Crane for easy engine removal. One engine mount has a 14mm bolt and nut(close one to the header). The passenger side engine mount requires a 17mm deep socket for both nuts and the bolt. Both of the transmission mounts have a 14mm socket bolt and nuts. Remove the heater hoses, and all the wiring and hoses holding the engine to the vehicle. Also there is the Power steering bracket holding the hose to the Intake manifold. Removed 4 bolts holding the shifter cable to the body. Also removed the clips from the shifter bushings and took them off.

Sorry guys haven’t updated. Have been working a lot and also well I’m pretty much stuck until wife decides she wants to drive stick. I’m trying to push her to it. That’s her daily since auto but I’ll get her there. Currently removed the entire center console and the auto shifter area is all discovered. Have to buy a tuning laptop, a ABS And SRS code reader for swapping seats and would prob be doing a rear seat delete and install the smaller eclipse ones.

Update!!!
    Wife got a 07 impala with 122k miles for $2,500. Runs great and smooth sooo!!!! Manual swap could happen anytime I just need to have the time for it.

June 5 2019
    Removed the rear seats and I’m debating wether keeping it all bare or eclipse smaller seats.... not sure yet. What do y’all think?
    Removed the rear speakers as well. Trash!!!! Lol. Thinking of what to do with all these seats and stuff... maybe all trash???!! Idk y’all tell me and maybe I would decide on something. For now that’s what I’ve done. Would try to remove dashboard slowly without breaking it so I can install the clutch bracket and make the clutch slave cylinder for the swap easier one shot no pause install.

Do the eclipse rear seats even fit in the galant?

Quote Originally Posted by leored83 View Post
    Do the eclipse rear seats even fit in the galant?
    The bottom clips on no issue. The tops are just reclining against and just sitting there. It’s not perfect but better than bare if you still need to use the rear for transportation.

Decided on what to do with the seats. Lol a not so uncomfortable corner now against a tree with some shade and breeze but wait there’s more!!! It comes with beer holders lol
    From that same spot I took this pic too. Best pic I’ve ever had of my baby
    It’s just there begging me to swap it....

How much was the eclipse part car ? Also nice galant

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast