The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 4g63 sohc carburetor to inyection

Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

4g63 sohc carburetor to inyection

Hi guys, i have a galant 7g 4g63 sohc carburated and id like to know if there is any plug n play intake i could buy to swich from carb to inyection and what distributor should i buy...

Thanks

you would need ALOT of parts to swap over to stock efi system. ECU, entire ignition system, fuel rail, injectors, intake manifold, throttle body, maf sensor, o2 sensor, wiring harness, fuse box, fuel pump, fuel pressure regulator, fuel return line the tank. Having a donor car would make it easy but Im guessing in your country having a donor car with efi isnt very easy to come by but Im liking that fact you have a carb, I dont think ive ever seen a 7g with a carb. good luck

Quote Originally Posted by xd_01 View Post
    you would need ALOT of parts to swap over to stock efi system. ECU, entire ignition system, fuel rail, injectors, intake manifold, throttle body, maf sensor, o2 sensor, wiring harness, fuse box, fuel pump, fuel pressure regulator, fuel return line the tank. Having a donor car would make it easy but Im guessing in your country having a donor car with efi isnt very easy to come by but Im liking that fact you have a carb, I dont think ive ever seen a 7g with a carb. good luck
    Yes i need everithing you just said. im thinking about using a megasquirt1-2 or a micro. Thats why i want to buy the intake with all the things u listed. The fuel pump i have goes inside the tank so its just plugnplay and has a return line too.

What intake manifold is compatible with 4g63 sohc? Is there any distributor with a camshaft position sensor so i can avoid adapting the crank sensor...

There are some galant with efi but they have a 4g64...

Thanks!
    Last edited by augustomb; 04-20-2019 at 08:23 PM

Oh yea I totally forgot about cam angle sensor. If your head doesnt have a housing for the CAS then your stuck with the crank trigger wheel. If theres 64 efi cars there just get a donor car and swap over the parts. If the head fits correct and no valve interference then youll have a nice hybrid.

So, i can only use the CAS sensor? no need for the crank trigger wheel? i think hondas 92-04 dont have a crank sensor, just a cam angle sensor. My distributor has a hall sensor, so i need to replace it.

HereĀ“s another photo of the enginebay

I think it all depends on your aftermarket ignition system your going for. You might want to reach out to Microsquirt to see what they require to operate.

Im guessing your going to need some type of trigger wheel to tell the position of the crank for the Megasquirt unless it some how uses the crank position sensor but do you even have one? I didnt think carb motors had one, and yours has a return fuel line? I apologize but I dont know much about your carb engine, yours is the first Ive seen actually.

Intake manifolds, I dont know what the flange looks like on yours so I couldnt say for sure but here we have 94-98 2.4 Galant that looks similar to your engine.