The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 00 Galant Ecu swap

Showing results 1 to 4 of 4

00 Galant Ecu swap

In short, looks like my Ecu kicked the can

Been doing a lot of research on how to swap the ecu’s, but nothing precise on my particular year model, 00 galant 2.4 MR217319.

If anyone can lend a hand or steer me in the right direction on what all I will need to either make the swap or delete the immobilizer code that way I can make the Ecu swap I’d be very appreciative

also willing to pay anyone who can lend a hand

very rare that these ecu's fry,

but u can swap with any 99-01 ecu, 99-early 00 do not have an immobilizer, late 00-01+ does

if u do end up with a 00 with an immobilizer, u will need to pull the rom and email it to get it deleted.

but basically it should be a plug and play, ecu is located behind the blower motor

Hey thanks man, yeah mines is all but fried or something, numerous relay issues ect.

I did get a tactrix cable 2.0, and downloaded Ecu flash but I’m having issues getting it read my current rom, so I’ll be emailing the support website there to troubleshoot.

If by chance I do pull it where in general do I email it too for the immoblizer to deactivated?

And finally I did end up getting a 2001 Galant Ecu, immoblizer and key/lock cylinder, hopefully this will solve my issues once it comes in.

I owe ya one, pm me your cash app or PayPal and I’ll send something your way for the help