The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Turn signals won't work but emergency flashers work

Showing results 1 to 5 of 5

Turn signals won't work but emergency flashers work

1. My turn signals just stopped working. Fuse is good. Emergency flashers still work. I believe the flash unit that works the turn signal is the same as the unit that works the emergency flashers. What should I be checking to fix my turn signals.
    Last edited by eksz; 08-02-2021 at 08:50 PM
    jjj
    98 ES (5 spd), 94 GS (5 spd), 94 ES (rebuilt auto), 92 Toyota 4X4, 81 KZ550 A2, 67 Mercedes 250S, 58 Mercedes 190SL

Quote Originally Posted by eksz View Post
    1. My turn signals just stopped working. Fuse is good. Emergency flashers still work. I believe the flash unit that works the turn signal is the same as the unit that works the emergency flashers. What should I be checking to fix my turn signals.
    I pulled the flasher relay and replaced it with one that I know works and still no turn signals.

Next step is to check all bulbs (not likely all bulbs burned out at same time) and then I will be focusing on the turn signal stalk.
    jjj
    98 ES (5 spd), 94 GS (5 spd), 94 ES (rebuilt auto), 92 Toyota 4X4, 81 KZ550 A2, 67 Mercedes 250S, 58 Mercedes 190SL

I pulled the turn signal switch and was going to replace it with another one that I had from a car I parted out. Turns out Mits in its infinite wisdom changed the connectors between the 7Ga and 7Gb model years so while the switch will fit the connectors won't so I ordered one and waiting for it to arrive. That was two days ago. So today I go out and start the car and I hear the clicking of the turn signal. I'm thinking great its working. Well it turns out the left turn signal works so well it works whether or not you want it to work. It works so well that the left turn signal flashes when the turn signal arm is pushed down for a left turn or up for a right turn or have it centered when it is not supposed to be working. I pulled the connectors so at least I could drive the car and no one thinks I left the turn signal on. That part can't get here soon enough.
    Last edited by eksz; 08-15-2021 at 01:02 AM
    jjj

I'm reading this. Give us an update when new part is in.

7g Dirt Racer- 95 Galant- 4g64,5speed swap, external coil, dohc swap, 60mm t.b., b.s., a.c., p.s. delete, battery relocate.
    7g Street- 94 Galant GS- 2.0 4g63t, awd conversion, auto swap, 98 gsx ecu, fmic, maft, bs delete.
    3g 00 eclipse gt 3.0 at

Got the new turn signal switch today. It arrived with a couple chunks busted out of the switch case but I went ahead and stuck it in the car to test it. Turn signals are back working normally. Something internally must have broken on the original turn signal switch. I opened it up but there wasn't any obvious defects or broken pieces. Guess even a turn signal switch can wear out. Who knew?
    jjj