The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: What to do with a 7G VR4?

Showing results 1 to 3 of 3

What to do with a 7G VR4?

Hi,

Just joined the forum to ask for some help.

I managed to get a 7G VR4 but this car cannot be driven as it does not have documents.
    This car is complete and it's a manual car. It has been parked for more than 10 years and the history I know is that it has a brand new clutch and a failed turbo.

My idea now is to swap this powertrain to another car but I am in Mozambique and these cars are not common here. I am searching for a body with documents to receive this powertrain but what i can find is 8G Galant's with the 1.8 GDI engine, FWD.

My question is, it easy to swap this powertrain into a 8G FWD car? Has it been done before?

Feedback will be appreciated. Thanks.

For starters, the engine in a 7g faces one way and the engine in the 8g faces the other way and the transmissions are going to have significant differences. So while anything is possible with enough money thrown at it, I'd say forget about it. You are probably better off seeing if there isn't a legal way to obtain documents, keeping it a 7g and replacing the turbo.
    jjj
    98 ES (5 spd), 94 GS (5 spd), 94 ES (rebuilt auto), 92 Toyota 4X4, 81 KZ550 A2, 67 Mercedes 250S, 58 Mercedes 190SL

A 6g would be better than an 8 as would a 1g or 2g eclipse or hyundai

7g Dirt Racer- 95 Galant- 4g64,5speed swap, external coil, dohc swap, 60mm t.b., b.s., a.c., p.s. delete, battery relocate.
    7g Street- 94 Galant GS- 2.0 4g63t, awd conversion, auto swap, 98 gsx ecu, fmic, maft, bs delete.
    3g 00 eclipse gt 3.0 at