The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 2003 2.4L 4g64 overheating possibly caused limp mode?

Showing results 1 to 2 of 2

2003 2.4L 4g64 overheating possibly caused limp mode?

I was driving somewhere 30 minutes away on the freeway, when the temp gauge started running hot, I’m talking like all the way to the top and kinda spazzed there for a second before I slowed down to give it time to cool. The oil light also flashed for a second so I figured maybe the oil level was low. I live in Vegas by the way so it’s hot here. Anyways I made it to my destination and went to an oreillys for oil afterward, but when I went to leave the parking lot, the car would barely accelerate even when the gas pedal was being pushed down. It didn’t want to rev past 2000 rpm, and it only felt like it was shifting when I let go of the gas for a smidge and then it would rev up to 2k again and repeat. I managed to limp it back home going no faster than 35 at most, with the temp gauge still yelling at me all the way back. I haven’t had a chance to get in contact with a mechanic I know but I was wondering what some of your opinions on what could’ve happened might be. Anything helps, and I hope my engine/trans isn’t toast :(

Adding onto this, it starts and idles okay, nothing sounds weird I even risked revving it up in park and it revved up to 4K no problem, but I test drove it slowly in my neighborhood and it still felt like it wasn’t getting the right power it should be. Transmission issue maybe? It did shift out of first but it just didn’t feel right