The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Fuel Gauge Problem:

Showing results 1 to 8 of 8
    KNJGalant2002

Fuel Gauge Problem:

Hi,

While doing the guages I messed up my fuel gauge along the way. I checked to make sure it was not rubbing against anything and took it to a shop to have them fix it twice but still doesn't work. Somebody told me to disconnect the battery for 5-10 minutes and the computer will correctly readjust the fuel gauge to read what is in my tank. Is this true? I looked through previous posts and did not see anything like that. Just wondering if this might help. Also I have tried putting it to F after filling up the tank and it still doesn't work. My last option is to get a external fuel gauge to have it read properly.

If anybody could let me know. I would appreciate it.

Thanks,
    Kristy

welcome to the "my fuel gauge is fucked up, after I installed gauges" club :x - -i just learned to live w/ it
    Semper Fi'

Try going to the salvage yard and take one out from another 8g and just tell them you want to make sure its your cluster not a sensor in the tank maybe they will let you do that as long as you dont leave
    STEPHEN
    2000 GMC K2500 4x4
    2004 Chevrolet Tahoe 4x4

i heard also that u can take the needle off, fill up your tank then place your needle back on carefully - - -u might have some success - good luck
    Semper Fi'

KNJGalant2002
    Quote Originally Posted by KingX360
    i heard also that u can take the needle off, fill up your tank then place your needle back on carefully - - -u might have some success - good luck
    Yea I already tried doing that with no luck. My grandfather told me to disconnect the battery and the fuel guage will read the correct amount. But I didn't hear anybody talk about that when they messed it up so I was just wondering. I may just get an external fuel guage if that does not work.

V6GTZ

Fuel Gauge Problem

The needle is always in the bottom and the light is always o already boutgh a new cluster and still dont work i went to a mechanic he told me the tank and the sensor was ok. Anyone can help me with that?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by KNJGalant2002 View Post
    Hi,While doing the guages I messed up my fuel gauge along the way.
    that is exactly why i din't mess with my guages. im scared to f them up.

that must really suck dude.

Quote Originally Posted by V6GTZ View Post
    The needle is always in the bottom and the light is always o already boutgh a new cluster and still dont work i went to a mechanic he told me the tank and the sensor was ok. Anyone can help me with that?
    Not sure how he can tell if the sensor is OK, but if it is the problem is either in the gauge itself or the wiring between the gauge and the sensor
    Chip

2000 Basalt Black Metallic GTZ
    (Paint Code: Porsche LC9Z)

Genuine experience carries a lot more credibility than the ability to answer a question.