The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Occasional pop knock noise

Showing results 1 to 2 of 2

Occasional pop knock noise

No offense but I will try this one more time being as I don't get any feedback. I pretty much replace the whole front suspension on my 2003 Mitsubishi Galant... Including quick struts. Although most noise is gone.... I am still getting an occasional popping sound or knocking when turning left or right slowly or when the suspension shifts when I'm pulling up into a parking lot. Parts replace were struts, inner and outer tie rods, lower control arms with ball joints and sway bar links. I've got underneath the car and looked and nothing seems loose or amiss. If the car is sitting still I can turn the steering wheel lock to lock and it makes no sound at all. Thoughts? I would really appreciate some input.

I had my front struts go out a few years ago. When I replaced them.... I get the same issues you are having. Nothing is broken, or gives me any trouble, but I hear some popping sounds sometimes. I've replaced inner and outter tie rods, and the control arm on the drivers side. My mechanic says he doesnt see anything wrong, so it may just be the cheap struts I bought. I'm going to put Megan coilovers on all around this summer, hoping this will eliminate my noises, and give the car a better overall suspension and look. I wish I had an answer for you. If anyone can comment on this, I'm sure we are not the only ones. For now, I'm just riding it out. It's been like that for over a year and no issues other than the noise. But this summer I'll replace all the suspension and report back. Till then, if anyone knows something here. Please tell us. Thanks.