The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 8g galant no spark on cylinder 2 and 3 after manual harness swap

Showing results 1 to 7 of 7

8g galant no spark on cylinder 2 and 3 after manual harness swap

So i have a 01 galant with a 2.4 engine. I did the manual swap and use the engine harness from a 00 eclipse with a 03 eclipse ecu/cam reluctor. I also did the outlander intake manifold swap all together. The car starts and run, but doesn't have spark on cylinder 2 and 3.

Things i've checked..
    *Took off harness and check all wires for damage
    *Check timing
    *Switch the coilpack and still same cylinders no spark
    *Check cam sensor for cracks
    *Open ecu and no burns on circuit board
    *Check all grounds

Let me know if there's other things i'm missing. Thanks in advance.

Update...

It was the ecu that was bad. No signal from ecu for coil. Replaced it with another ecu and car is running now.

Glad you figured out your issue. I just recently got back into the galant game. I have a 99 I manual swapped it last year with a 05 eclipse engine harness and ecu
    I had to swap every other harness out as well. I have a cam and crank code and I bet its the cam relocator anyway not a lot of us are on here constantly.

A great site for research I miss when this place use to be busy. Most of use are on facebook groups "Mitsubishi Galant FanClub" "Galant Tuners & Enthusiasts" "Mitsubishi Eclipse and Galant Owners USA" "thegalantcenter" join them all we post daily on the FB forums!!!

Only sonata f5m42 swapped. N/A build in motion.

The 00 engine harness was pnp with my 01 harness. I only had to change the plug connector for the o2 sensor. Pretty sure it's the cam reluctor if you haven't changed it. I am also on facebook group "Galant Tuners & Enthusiasts" and "Mitsubishi Eclipse and Galant Owners USA."

Good to know you are also on those groups. I intially was going the route of SOHC with outlander intake manifold. I had a chance to pull one for my current build. But I was busy pulling other parts at the yard. Theres a bunch of manifolds on car-parts.com but some of the yards never reached back out to me through email. I should of called but what ever. I decided to just pull a DOHC head and now I got bigger cams ready to go in etc etc 300 whp is my goal so a bit overkill. anyway I wanted to say once I swap the head over I have to use a evo reluctor so that will hopefully fix my crank and cam codes. I do have a spare engine from a 03 I can pull the reluctor also.

I was going to go dohc too, but don't know if i can pass emission. I hope to get at least 250 whp with a small turbo setup for a daily. 300 whp is not overkill, it'll be a fun daily. Hopefully everything works out.

Ive seen 300whp with a SOHC. But 250 is reasonable and will still be fun.