The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: who rebuilds 87 galant engine?

Showing results 1 to 8 of 8

who rebuilds 87 galant engine?

This was emailed to me earlier today, off the top of my head I have no clues. If anyone has any ideas read the following message and let me know, all the while Im going to try to help this guy out...Thanks

Hello, I am from Albuquerque NM, and was wondering if you perhaps know of any resources for purchasing a rebuilt engine, having my ‘87 Galant 2.4 engine rebuilt, or if there are any other engines that are completely compatible with the mounts?? I am trying to restore and perhaps eventually custom modify the car. I cannot find another Galant, in town, that is this old... I have found one in a salvage yard that I have been pulling parts from for a few years now.. but that’s all I have seen in this part of the country at all…

TGC Regular
    a 2.4? at least with the 2.0 you have the eclipse, talon, laser to look at for an engine. but the 2.4? i bet it is going to be hard to find one. im thinking the best bet is to get it rebuilt. but he may be able to find one on the net but then he will have to figure sometihng out for shipping.

any quality machine shop or dealer could easily rebuild it for you.

ConceptSleeper
    Albuquerque is only about 3 hours away from where i live in New Mexico, and there is a shop here called C and C engine exchange that might be able to find the same engine and also in El Paso which is only about 30 min from where i live the Speed Factory could probably do some custom work on this engine!!! let me know and ill post the numbers!!

cool, do you have the contact info for those two shops?

ConceptSleeper
    C&C Engine Exchange
    500 West Boutz Road
    Las Cruces, NM
    (505) 526-4220

This is another shop thats good with custom work!!!
    Ken Harry's
    7955 N. HWY 478
    Mesilla Park, NM
    (505) 524-0863

i lost the number to the Speed Factory but will get it tonight at work and ill put it up asap!!!

Thanks alot man you guys may have given just the right amount of info for this guy to keep his galant

ConceptSleeper
    glad i could help!!