The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 2 batteries??

Showing results 1 to 13 of 13
    daygostyle619ph

2 batteries??

I was thinking of getting a 2nd battery.......cause i have a feeling my optima yellow top is on the ropes.....everything is running of just that battery, system, neons, compressor for my bags, etc......my headlights and neons are begging to flicker along with the beat and the other day my compressor was running trying to fill back up my air tank and my car just died out on me, which has never happend before......so i was wondering what locations on our 8g can a 2nd battery be placed besides the trunk, cause i already have to much shit back there as it is.......help please

umm if you got Compressor u MUST need new battery,, for the location umm not sure,, sisnce u dont want it in the trunk,, you could try puttting it where u got your space Wheel. or try, back seat if no one ever sits on it like mine,, make some type of housing and put it there,, umm i am not sure but i guess u can get smaller Battery and try putting them under the font pass seat,,umm also if you can get lil smaller one u can put it in Glover Compartment..

AkA K h O p A r I.

I Am back BitcheZzZ

Tiptronic
    if you have one of the newer model injen intakes, you take that space that is no longer being used (right behing driver headlight) and put a battery mount there. other than that and the trunk, i'm not sire where you could put it to make sure it stays a clean look

daygostyle619ph
    yeah, i was thinkin of the glove box or under the seat, but what battery is there that small enough and powerful enough to run a compressor, neons, and a system, give or take a item..........

Quote Originally Posted by daygostyle619ph
    yeah, i was thinkin of the glove box or under the seat, but what battery is there that small enough and powerful enough to run a compressor, neons, and a system, give or take a item..........
    if its not that power full put 2 of them,, he just need something tiny that will go under the seat or the Glove Box.

AkA K h O p A r I.

I Am back BitcheZzZ

Tiptronic
    optima makes the smaller style batteries.

have u also considered a high output alternator>? somethign that will kick out more juice.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

daygostyle619ph
    Quote Originally Posted by PinoyESV6
    have u also considered a high output alternator>? somethign that will kick out more juice.
    hmmmm......i never thought of that pinoy.....is there like a certain brand or anything that u know of or suggest???and how much would a high output alternator run???

Quote Originally Posted by daygostyle619ph
    Quote Originally Posted by PinoyESV6
    hmmmm......i never thought of that pinoy.....is there like a certain brand or anything that u know of or suggest???and how much would a high output alternator run???
    brand im thinking ohio generator and price around 600 dollars for the alternator alone. its alot of money but if u really need some serious power, this bad boy will deliver it

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

they also make lithium batterys and they are about 1/3 of the size of regular batterys but I am really not to sure on where to get them or how much.
    Join TGC NY, Click Image to enter

If you're thinking of putting a battery inside your car (dumb idea and dangerous) Make sure that it is a non-vapor battery. All water filled batteries emit hydrogen vapor when they are at rest. Hydrogen gas is very flammable and explosive and NOT something you want inside your car. There are special batteries available that are vapor sealed for inside applications. Normal Yellow top and Blue tops aren't, even though it's a sealed battery(No maintenance). If you're thinking about going inside, make sure you know what you're doing and get the right battery for the task.
    Chip

2000 Basalt Black Metallic GTZ
    (Paint Code: Porsche LC9Z)

Genuine experience carries a lot more credibility than the ability to answer a question.

Livn2sk8
    Optima Yellow tops state, that they can be placed anywhere, INSIDE or out on a car......

cooldog45
    But optima also states that if by any chance the battery charging systen should surpass 15 volt it will give of hydrogen gas. I'm putting mine behind the driver light. wiht an intake that's more than enough space

pete