The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: shifter indicator light

Showing results 1 to 6 of 6
    yahj1201

shifter indicator light

the shifter indicator light in my 2000 galant ES doesnt work, what can i do to make this thing work again? thanks.

a few questions to see where u stand.

have u installed any kind of aftermarket parts in ur car recently or taking ur car apart somewhere in the dash or center console? u might have knocked a wire loose or cut a wire. could be a thought.

have u checked ur fuses? might have blown a fuse. with that said, are teh lights on the shifter the only lights not lighting up.

did u check the bulbs? the bulbs might just have gone bad.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

yahj1201
    im the second owner of the car, its already not working when i got it. there is no aftermarket parts installed. where can i find the bulb? i still have to check the fuse.
    thanks.

Experienced TGC Member HeadAche's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by yahj1201
    im the second owner of the car, its already not working when i got it. there is no aftermarket parts installed. where can i find the bulb? i still have to check the fuse.
    thanks.
    To get to the bulb you will have to take off the wood trim the surrounds the shifter.. Then you will see the black piece of the shifter itself, which is held down by 2 philips head screws. Take the screws out and pull up on the shifter it is connected by a connector and the bulb itself.. Once you get the shifter out, turn it upside down and you will see the bulb.
    I Shook You At The Track, My Boyz Threw Asprin On The Floor, They Said Now You Gotta Headache...

The illiterate of the twenty-first century will not be those who can not read or write, but those who can not learn, un-learn and re-learn.

yahj1201
    ill try to do that today. i looked at the manual and i cant find which fuse is for the shift indicator light. where can i find the fuse?

yahj1201
    i already fixed it, i just replaced the bulb with a new one, now its working.

thanks for your help guys.