The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: shift knob

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 27
    2002GALANTes

shift knob

anyone have a web site where i can get a aftermarket shift knob for my automatic?

Yup, goto www.optauto.com
    2001 Galant ES I4
    Injen RD CAI
    Kamikaze Headers
    Brospeed Prosport Muffler
    Brembo X-drilled/Slotted Rotors
    Progress Springs
    KYB AGX Adjustables
    Racing X Headlights
    Smoked Tails
    Custom Grill
    Titanium Limo Tint
    MOMO Shift Knob
    Tenzo R Mean-6 18"
    JBL 600.1
    2 JL 12W3 D4 in topfire custom box

My ride: http://photos.yahoo.com/nrg_neo

J. T. Z.
    Yeah, www.optauto.com has a lot of different shifters. I suggest the Napolex Levoc CF and chrome or wood and chrome hybrid models. Be sure to get the ones for Nissan/Toyota with OD to ensure the correct fitment. The ones that say they are for Mitsubishis won't fit.

Experienced TGC Member Blue Ice's Avatar
    <span style='color:blue'>I don't know how the 8G's are, but putting the nissan toyota in on a 7g is kind of tricky.
    (on a 7g may be similar on an 8G)
    There are three wires on the stock, but the levoc shifter only has two wires coming from it.
    On the stock shifter, the black is to the OD, the red is power, and the yellow is for the " OD/Off " light on the dash. The only way to hook up the OD switch is to leave the yellow disconnected, if you connect it with the red wire and one of the wires from the knob, the OD/Off light will stay on..... but if you connect it on the Black side the OD/OFF light comes on when the OD is on,.. not off. I know Bass Ackwards. N E Way that's on a 7G, maybe the 8g's are different. IU'd like to get an 8G, but my 7G is paid for </span>

[quote=Blue Ice Rider]<span style='color:blue'>I don't know how the 8G's are, but putting the nissan toyota in on a 7g is kind of tricky.
    (on a 7g may be similar on an 8G)
    There are three wires on the stock, but the levoc shifter only has two wires coming from it.
    On the stock shifter, the black is to the OD, the red is power, and the yellow is for the " OD/Off " light on the dash. The only way to hook up the OD switch is to leave the yellow disconnected, if you connect it with the red wire and one of the wires from the knob, the OD/Off light will stay on..... but if you connect it on the Black side the OD/OFF light comes on when the OD is on,.. not off. I know Bass Ackwards. N E Way that's on a 7G, maybe the 8g's are different. IU'd like to get an 8G, but my 7G is paid for </span>

the 8g owners don't have to worry about taht since we don't have an OD button. o yea on the napolex handles, danj gots a tutorial on that. razo shifters are nice too

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Experienced TGC Member Blue Ice's Avatar
    <span style='color:blue'>So i wasted my time,.... hmph, oh well</span>

2002GALANTes
    thanks fella's, so on an 8g, do i get on for a mitsu or for another type of car?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(02GALANTes)</div><div class='quotemain'>thanks fella's, so on an 8g, do i get on for a mitsu or for another type of car?</div>

usually most companies make it for nissan/toyota/mitsubishi all in one knob

uhm the napolex/levoc, i suggest getting the nissan/toyota ones insteadof the mitsubishi since i heard of fitment problems

don't get the ones from honda/acura

Also, keep in mind you're gonna be cutting that plastic triangle piece on the shifter assembly. So make sure you get a shift knob you like, 'cause you won't be able to go back to stock once the piece is cut.

Chip
    Chip

2000 Basalt Black Metallic GTZ
    (Paint Code: Porsche LC9Z)

Genuine experience carries a lot more credibility than the ability to answer a question.

[/quote]

you can use it as that, or your can use it to power anything u want...your secret spray switch for your nitrous if you wanted something clean

J. T. Z.
    Pinoy that would be off tha hook!

Tiller

Momo shift knob...?

anyone using this piece... not even sure if it will work...

it says it's an Automatic shift knob... and it's the only one they carry... $102.00

Re: Momo shift knob...?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tiller)</div><div class='quotemain'>anyone using this piece... not even sure if it will work...

it says it's an Automatic shift knob... and it's the only one they carry... $102.00</div>

there is a chance it won't work since most of the places says its for honda/acura/vw and those knobs don't fit hte mitsubishi's. you might want to contact momo to see if they have an equiv for toyota/nissan/mitsu. btw, its a great looking knob, it would look great in my new GTI

Tiller
    you getting a 337 edition...? those are BADASS...

i like th elook of that R32 as well... AWD...!!!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tiller)</div><div class='quotemain'>you getting a 337 edition...? those are BADASS...

i like th elook of that R32 as well... AWD...!!!</div>

actually i got the base level GTI, black leather seats, heated seats, heated washer nozzels, traction control, 180 hp with the 1.8 Turbo inline 4, 16 inch alloy wheels, tiptronic automatic tranny (too lazy for manual still, i do alot of stop and go driving) its pretty bad ass...

Tiller
    yup, those are sweet as well... you'll love it...

chip it and throw an exhaust on it, and you'll be pushing 220hp...

2002GALANTes
    I was thinkin of having it as a sub on/off switch. what do you think?

dre24k
    http://www.custommaxima.com/LevocShiftKnob.html

this is the nicest one available in my opinion, especially the wood and chrome

2002GALANTes
    Thats the one i want but i want the cf one because i soon will be getting a cf dash kit for the G-ride.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tiller)</div><div class='quotemain'>yup, those are sweet as well... you'll love it...

chip it and throw an exhaust on it, and you'll be pushing 220hp...</div>

the intake is going in first...it will give me a better sound and yea, way too much plastic in the engine bay, the only metal i can see there is the laternator and yea thats hard to find too

exhaust will be later on, i like the look of the stock muffler and yea the intake will outscream the exhaust anyday so i should be fine for a while. anyways, the galant is my real muscle car, not the GTI, thats just for cruisin

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(2002GALANTes)</div><div class='quotemain'>I was thinkin of having it as a sub on/off switch. what do you think?</div>

that would work, hell if u wanted, u can rewire it so its your second horn, or amybe teh switch to your hazzards, the possibilities are endless

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast