The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: motor swap I4 to V6

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 34 of 34
    Experienced TGC Member HeadAche's Avatar
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mante)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(galantv600)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>Anyone can turbo a motor i think he did it just to do something different.. I wouldnt even want to swap in any of the evo motors personally.. Shit, i want a VR-4 motor 6A12TT, that is the motor of all Galant motors, nothing compares to it..</div>

i agree!!!!!!!!</div>

Heheheheheheheh I know...oh yea its the 6a13TT the 6a12 is for the usdm 7g.</div>

oops my bad, must be the damn nyqul messin with my memory.. :oops:
    I Shook You At The Track, My Boyz Threw Asprin On The Floor, They Said Now You Gotta Headache...

The illiterate of the twenty-first century will not be those who can not read or write, but those who can not learn, un-learn and re-learn.

cooterkisser
    I understand what you want, but you have to look what will fit in your car. Hence those won't cause the motors are 180 out, granted I am sure that with enough time and money one could do anything but shit why spend $10000 to put a VR-4 into your car when you could spend half and put an EVO in it and get almost 300 hp off the get go?

Quote Originally Posted by cooterkisser
    I understand what you want, but you have to look what will fit in your car. Hence those won't cause the motors are 180 out, granted I am sure that with enough time and money one could do anything but shit why spend $10000 to put a VR-4 into your car when you could spend half and put an EVO in it and get almost 300 hp off the get go?
    You havent been listening the vr-4 motor is a direct swap i.e easier swap

cooterkisser
    My bad I thought that you were talking about the 91-92 vr-4's... but anyway, why would you want a V6 that puts out 276 hp when you can get the evo motor that is lighter and has 2 less cylinders and still puts out 276 hp, and is still a direct swap???? One more thing you will be able to get parts a lot easier for it also now that the evo 8 is here... I would perfer the evo route...imho

Potr
    do you have any idea how hard it is to find and evo motor from a junked lancer? from what i read on this board the two in the country were pulled by mitsu...

Quote Originally Posted by cooterkisser
    My bad I thought that you were talking about the 91-92 vr-4's... but anyway, why would you want a V6 that puts out 276 hp when you can get the evo motor that is lighter and has 2 less cylinders and still puts out 276 hp, and is still a direct swap???? One more thing you will be able to get parts a lot easier for it also now that the evo 8 is here... I would perfer the evo route...imho
    True parts for the Evo motor are "available" in the states...I'll tell you this I live at two major junk yards in Maryland and one of the Larger metro area mitsubishi dealerships. Kids are scared to death of those cars...not a single one has been wrapped around something......yet the weekend of 2fast2foolish umm furious you will see at least 2 per state totalled...down side is they will be front end damage. Sorry to say it but mark my words.

Now yea the I4 evo motor does put out the same power but I always thought about boring out motors and stuff like that. the evo 8 motor is basically flawless anything you do internally will probrably slow it down lol. the Vr4 motor ( 97+) should yeild more possiblities plus the major factor inmy head. Make a GALANT here that mitsubishi was to stupid to bring here so that they will redesign the pitiful galant gen 9 ewww nothing special.

I hate typing long threads...thanks dammnit lol

cooterkisser
    for an EVO V front clip go to www.osakajdmmotors.com they quoted me $3500 for the front clip, but it is listed for $5000, give those guys a shot for a cheap clip?????

I just looked at the vr4 engine on the osakajdmmotors site and saw it listed for 2k, really how much would I be talking to engine swap it into my ride? price wise, time wise, etc. I've had my eye on this engine for a long long time. :!:
    Come visit the Revolution: http://www.dsmrevolution.net

this engine is made for 4wd, so would it even work on a us-galant car?

8ggalant

yes u juss have to use a fwd tranny

I'm actually writting this down. So just use a fwd tranny? That would explain then why this engine is used on rwd as well as 4wd cars. So then, what else is involved in the engine swap to a 6g72tt, and also would the tranny be able to handle it since the normal tranny used is a 5 speed?

8ggalant: its not as simple as your makin it appear, grant it the 6g72 does have fwd trans for it in m/t as well as a/t

Ryostyle: the 6g72tt is out of the 3000gt...its reversed meaning you will have to get all new motor mounts. Anything is possible but I noticed you asked about how much it will cost.....heh Its going to cost...thats all Im going to say.

Anything is possible all depends on how much $$$$ you can toss around

8ggalant

oops

sorry bout that i was thinkin from my eclipse days...ill let mante answer the :?: s :oops:

cooterkisser
    Like I said before, if you have an 8G the most cost efficient route is the EVO motor cause it is an almost direct swap. Unless the new VR-4 motors are transverse like the evo and our motors???

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12