The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Lower Tie Bar Revisited

Showing results 1 to 11 of 11
    Senior TGC Member

Lower Tie Bar Revisited

I checked out OBX lower tie bars, and it appears to list 4 different part numbers, 1 for the 95-99 Eclipse, 1 for the 7g Galant, 1 for the current Eclipse, and 1 more for the current Galant. Anyone have an idea as to why they would do that? Theoretically they should be the same right? http://www.obxracingsports.com/performance...=17&subCat2ID=2
    "Daisy tumbled short of his dreams, not through her own fault, but because of the colossal vitality of his illusion... No amount of fire or freshness can challenge what a man will store up in his ghostly heart. " - F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

"I have not failed 700 times. I have not failed once. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work." - Thomas Edison

Experienced TGC Member
    Well the part number for the 7g and the 2g Eclipse are the same.. so it's the same tie bar.

I guess there is a slight difference between the 8g and the 3g rear end setup.. :?
    [b]<span style='color:blue'>Wes</span>
    The true path to enlightenment is Here
    <-Check it out Maz
    My 7g

[b]<span style='color:darkred'>ClubTGC Shidoshi-Kai Fellowship</span>

it shouldn't really matter I ordered mine for the 8g Galant and they send em the one for hte 7th Gen Galant and 2nd Gen Eclipse. they should all go on the same.
    C.J. Cameron
    RETIRED TUNER!!!!

"Keeping it Simple"

Senior TGC Member
    Aha! So it is a marketing scheme!
    "Daisy tumbled short of his dreams, not through her own fault, but because of the colossal vitality of his illusion... No amount of fire or freshness can challenge what a man will store up in his ghostly heart. " - F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

"I have not failed 700 times. I have not failed once. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work." - Thomas Edison

Experienced TGC Member HeadAche's Avatar
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Phyxsius)</div><div class='quotemain'>Aha! So it is a marketing scheme! </div>

IT must be. But they actually have the 8g tie bar in stock or are they just posting it up as a TBA product?
    I Shook You At The Track, My Boyz Threw Asprin On The Floor, They Said Now You Gotta Headache...

The illiterate of the twenty-first century will not be those who can not read or write, but those who can not learn, un-learn and re-learn.

How would the car feel, After i buy and put in:

Agx Kyb shocks/struts (bought)
    Progress Springs (on the way)
    Strut Bar Freedom Design (planing)
    Lower Tie Bar (planing)

Will it feel real incredible??
    Kevin
    2006 GIXXER 600

Yeah, they should all be the same, but I don't know. I think I'm going to order the Tanabe Sustec lower tie bar. It's one piece, so it should have alot less flex in it. The only thing I'm afraid of is that, since it can't be adjusted, it might be a bitch to install. Click Here

I dont think the tanabe would be 2 much of a bitch 2 instal being that it is adjustable.. Honestly i would rather use the Tanabe than the OBX, just on name recognition, and the quality of their products.. We really need to update the parts list..lol
    I Shook You At The Track, My Boyz Threw Asprin On The Floor, They Said Now You Gotta Headache...

The illiterate of the twenty-first century will not be those who can not read or write, but those who can not learn, un-learn and re-learn.

Senior TGC Member
    Well, I'll have news for you of the Tanabe soon enough, whether or not it was in stock, whether it fits or not, etc...my neighbor ordered it. That way none of you have to be the guinea pigs Also, when I was checking out the Tanabe offerings for the 95-99 Eclipses, it also listed a front fitting lower tie bar...this will not fit the 8g Galant right?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Phyxsius)</div><div class='quotemain'>Well, I'll have news for you of the Tanabe soon enough, whether or not it was in stock, whether it fits or not, etc...my neighbor ordered it. That way none of you have to be the guinea pigs Also, when I was checking out the Tanabe offerings for the 95-99 Eclipses, it also listed a front fitting lower tie bar...this will not fit the 8g Galant right?</div>

Im doubting the front lower will fit seeing as how we cant use the front upper..but who knows, anything is possible until we can figure out if the mounting points are the same..

Senior TGC Member
    Well the front will not fit for sure...not even among the Eclipses. Here's the email response I got from Mike W. at Road Race:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mike W)</div><div class='quotemain'>I have never seen a 2G that needed a rear lower tie bar. There are some super cheap Chinese ones that do nothing that might fit.
    Â*
    The front suspension is totally different.
    Â*
    Mike W

</div>

Which then makes me wonder...are all of you who said that it makes a world of difference just feeling the handling increase from knowing that it's there, or is it actually making a difference...