The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Brembo Rotors and Axxis Metal Masters....I love it.

Showing results 1 to 11 of 11

Brembo Rotors and Axxis Metal Masters....I love it.

Got rid of the crappy stock rotors, which were warped as hell, and put on the Brembo slotted/dimpled rotors and Axxis semi-metalic Metal Master pads. I bought these from the group buy (or group-discount that is) from www.raceconcepts.net (THANKS WOOD!!!)

For now, I love these things! No more squeal (for now...cross fingers), no more shudder, no more (or very little) break fade. I'll drive these for another week or so and let everyone know how i like them.

Great buy! My friend at Discount Tire Co. said he paid over 70 each for his xdrilled/slotted rotors (he has a riced-out honda civic...).

-Sean 8)

glad to hear it
    I still got mine sitting in the den...gonna put them in at the same time as my agx shocks and struts
    Jason - - cofounder of TGCNY
    click banner to enter the NY Chapter

2001 Galant ES
    2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Special Edition

Don't get used to the lack of squealing. It'll come back eventually. It's almost impossible to avoid with semi-metallic or metallic pads. When I installed my DBA cross drilled and slotted rotors with metal master pads, I had no squealing for a while, but once the brake dust built up it came back. When I put my 18's back on for the spring, I blew out all the brake dust with an air compressor from the drilled holes, behind the rotors and in between the pads. All of the squealing stopped except the front passanger side. I give up. Nothing I do gets rid of the squealing permanently.

I am going through the same shit Dave.
    This shit is annoying....... :cry:
    Pearl White 2001 Mitsubishi Galant ES
    Injen Race Division CAI System
    Denso Iridium Spark Plugs
    Magnecor Ignition Wires
    Showoff Krypton Series Xenon Headlight Bulbs (H4)
    Showoff Krypton Series Xenon Fog Light Bulbs (893)
    Clear Corner Lights w/ PIAA Xtreme White Bulbs (1157)
    Reverse Indiglo Gauges
    Kenwood KDC-MP522 MP3/CD Receiver
    Infinity Kappa 652.5i 6.75" Door Speakers
    Kicker K693 6x9 Rear Speakers
    Brembo Cross-Drilled/Slotted Disc Brakes
    Axxis High Performance Brake Pads

Quote Originally Posted by MrJaYdEeOnE
    glad to hear it
    I still got mine sitting in the den...
    Yeah same here not time to do it and the wife is getting upset.
    STEPHEN
    2000 GMC K2500 4x4
    2004 Chevrolet Tahoe 4x4

FinalLast
    i have it on
    its prettty goood
    but i dont mind a little squealing
    but what gets me is the brake dust
    i can't stand it!!

damn, i still got mine in the trunk!
    Semper Fi'

Hey I just put my rotors on, drilled and slotted and they look awesome. Ran into a problem the pads they sent me were wrong and he is out for the 02's. Wood was cool though he said he was going to refund my credit card and send a call tag to pick up the pads he sent wrong.

Question what pads can I get that'll go good with the rotors, i want good quality pads. I can't wait for Wood to get them in.

Thanks.
    Chapin y Boriqua que mezcla

gizmo, what pads did he send you? did he send you the axis also or some others, cuz i was plannig on putting on mine soon, and i dont want to run into that problem, feel me!
    Semper Fi'

Senior TGC Member
    I don't mind the squealing as long as it stays outside the car Shoot even Porsche brakes squeal.
    "Daisy tumbled short of his dreams, not through her own fault, but because of the colossal vitality of his illusion... No amount of fire or freshness can challenge what a man will store up in his ghostly heart. " - F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

"I have not failed 700 times. I have not failed once. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work." - Thomas Edison

Moosh
    If we use brembos and regular brake pads, will it squeal? I drive a 7G and my brakes dont squeal at all and I wanted to get brembos but if its going to squeal then I dont want to get them. Let me know thanks.