The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Got some news...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 39

Got some news...

I got my AMSS newsletter today. those got some new products.

New Eclipes GT/GTS Stainless Steel Headers
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>Dyno tested and proven the AMSS products produce impressive HP and Torque gains on a Dynamometer. Constructed out of Mandrel bent Stainless Steel piping, CNC cut flanges and TIG welded these headers retain the use and function of all O2 sensors, and ends at the stock location so you can use them with your stock or aftermarket cat-back systems. These products bolt on (no cutting or welding needed) and all hardware, installation instructions and O2 sensor extension kit are included (some assembly required). This system dynoed at 33.6WHP gain and comes complete with a high flow catalytic converter and all the necessary hardware for the installation. </div>
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>The new Headers are finally here. After five months in the making we finally got the first 20 system shipped last week. *
    These new headers are 100% stainless steel mandrel bends, CNC cut stainless steel flanges and collectors, Lined flex pipes and the entire system is now TIG welded. A high flow catalytic converter is included in the package as well as all the necessary hardware. *

Perhaps the biggest advantage to this new design is the Lined Flex pipe. We shopped around for the highest quality product in the market in order to improve air-flow and most importantly sound quality. We only use the best parts around and the results are amazing. *
    </div>

New Eclipse GS/RS Stainless Steel Header
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>With a +24WHP gain over stock (on a DynoJet Dyno). This system fits the 2000+ Mitsubishi Eclipse 4Cyl AT/MT, 2001+ Dodge Stratus 4Cyl and 1999 Mitsubishi Galant 4Cyl. The system will bolt on to the stock exhaust system or any other aftermarket cat-back system. This ). This system is a complete bolt on so no cutting or welding is needed, and all hardware including O2 sensor extension wires are included in the package. It is made off Mandrel bent Stainless Steel tubing, the flanges are Water Jet Cut out of 3/8” thick Stainless Steel. The system is a 4 into 1 long tube header and includes a High Flow Catalytic converter and a stainless steel braided and lined flex pipe.</div>

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>Some Inline 4 engines can produce very nice HP numbers even if they don't have a Front Mount Intercooler or Blow off valve. *
    After the great success we had with the V6 platform we started getting a lot of email and telephone requests to make a product for the I4 guys/gals that will give then an edge on the street as well as on the track. *

We took our time (6 months to be exact) and prototyped 3 different systems. Well like they say the third time was a charm. We designed a full length 4-1 header system utilizing a custom CNC designed merge collector and a high flow catalytic converter which managed to squeeze 24WHP gain out of a stock I4 2.4L 5 speed 2003 Eclipse. *

This system has massive power gains at mid to high RPM range and there is no telling what it can do with the help of a cold air intake and AFC. This Header will be all stainless steel built and TIG welded, include a high flow cat, and will be available to ship by mid June this year. *
    </div>

New Eclipse V6 Underdrive Pulley

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>This product has been in testing for 8 weeks now. We installed it on our house car and put over 4,000 miles on it so far with no problems. *
    Made of Billet 6061 Aluminum, this lightweight pulley weighs in at just less than 1 LBS. This means it is 5 LBS lighter then the stock pulley. A leading aftermarket company (UR) claims that an average of 2.7 HP is gained from every pound lost off the crank shaft. This sounds pretty nice on paper, but we measured a 3-5 HP gain with this pulley. *

This product will be available by mid june 2003, so please write and tell us what you think about it. *

</div>

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Alister_McRae
    Wow 24+ whp gain with just headers on an I4? That is almost unbelievable....Any prices?

leadfoot
    i know what kind of header im getting now!

Alister_McRae
    yeah seriously, it almost seems unbelievable to gain 24+ on an I4 header.

Senior TGC Member
    I don't buy it. No way on God's green earth it could possibly make those gains on a 4 banger. Heck the V6 were lucky with 10.
    "Daisy tumbled short of his dreams, not through her own fault, but because of the colossal vitality of his illusion... No amount of fire or freshness can challenge what a man will store up in his ghostly heart. " - F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

"I have not failed 700 times. I have not failed once. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work." - Thomas Edison

TGC Regular
    i'm a bit skeptical about those #'s for the headers.....

didnt a few people do tests with various headers and came up with almost no gains? i'd like to hear some more in depth info from amss. the v6 underdrive pulley looks interesting though

can't wait for more details
    Your signature is too long.

I really suspect about the numbers, but I woul just like to know where to get them and if there available now and if so where?
    Join TGC NY, Click Image to enter

leadfoot
    yeah 24whp is unbelievable i hope it's true but it's hard to believe.

Experienced TGC Member HeadAche's Avatar
    I need to see a dyno sheet with the baseline before and after.. But the numbers sound a lil high for me, when most guyz were even lucky 2 get 10whp.. Man i hope these numbers are real serious, becasue im lookin for a set of headers and i got money to spend, Damnit..! lol
    I Shook You At The Track, My Boyz Threw Asprin On The Floor, They Said Now You Gotta Headache...

The illiterate of the twenty-first century will not be those who can not read or write, but those who can not learn, un-learn and re-learn.

the numbers for the headers are kindy shady. people are talking about the gains on club 3g. the people from AMSS say that hte numbers are tru but don't have a sheet. people aren't really ognna buy them without the dyno sheets so every1 is patiently waiting over there.

but yea even if it doesn't have big gains it could be another option for those who want to get a supercharger or something and definitely need aftermarket headers.

as for the pulley thats something i'd like to see too. odens't have a big ass gain but its something,

What happens "IF" the gains are real? can you imagine the optimal potential on our motors now.. An extra +24whp is crazy for some of us who have actually pretty modded motors.. Man i guess i'll be waitin just like the 3g guyz..
    I Shook You At The Track, My Boyz Threw Asprin On The Floor, They Said Now You Gotta Headache...

The illiterate of the twenty-first century will not be those who can not read or write, but those who can not learn, un-learn and re-learn.

god damn 24, i think thats bs... my rpw when i dynoed it gave me 7 hp... ohhh well, i wonder if someone already has it...and ask them about it...
    uhhhh...... Whats a 9g???

cooterkisser
    I would definitely wait to see some dyno sheets on those before I had to shell out cash fo rthem, also I would recommend waiting to see if you are going to need an SAFC to tune them properly

Senior TGC Member
    I still wouldn't trust the dyno sheets too much...I remember when they showed gains on a DynoJet dyno sheet with 29 whp for the downpipe...
    "Daisy tumbled short of his dreams, not through her own fault, but because of the colossal vitality of his illusion... No amount of fire or freshness can challenge what a man will store up in his ghostly heart. " - F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

"I have not failed 700 times. I have not failed once. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work." - Thomas Edison

Quote Originally Posted by cooterkisser
    I would definitely wait to see some dyno sheets on those before I had to shell out cash fo rthem, also I would recommend waiting to see if you are going to need an SAFC to tune them properly
    Your going to need the S-AFC regarless to tune the fuel curve..

leadfoot
    so if all this is true about the power gains how much should i expect to pay for this?

as of now both headers are on sale.

the i4
    reg. 599
    sale 499

the v6
    reg. 850
    sale 699

prices subject to change without notice

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(PinoyESV6)</div><div class='quotemain'>as of now both headers are on *sale.

the i4
    reg. 599
    sale 499

the v6
    reg. 850
    sale 699

prices subject to change without notice</div>

COT Damn..! by the time you get the headers and the s-AFC thats close to a grand, then you still gotta put her on the dyno for tunning.. They better be 24whp gains, if i get less than 10whp, imma turn the headers into a bong..

leadfoot
    damn my exhaust along in gonna run me over a grand!! oh well if i can get 24whp from the header, and another 5 to 10 from the piping it will be worth it.

leadfoot
    i there is a group buy will the price drop?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast