The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Got some news...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 39 of 39
    TGC Regular
    hey guys i just thought of something. that big gain from the amss headers... those numbers are from a totally stock car? they did no other mods except replace the headers right? did they do anything else to get those #'s? like add a cai and/or safc? i was at the website and they did mention recommending a cai and safc or something like that?

those #'s are probably a marketing scam? its not unheard of for companies to not include details and then bump up the numbers a little in their favor.

please dont flame me i'm not trying to put down amss or anything but i'm sure alot of you experienced this before with other products, i just thought i'd throw this idea out to everyone
    Your signature is too long.

leadfoot
    let the flaming begin :twisted: lol j/p

i wouldn't be so quick to jump into conclusions about those 24whp, cuase I have seem other headers on the dyno and they have only improved performance by 2-5whp.......we had about 3 or 4 8gs on the dyno and 1 almost stock 8g, and that's what we saw...... 24+whp I 'll believe it when you prove it to me...... if anyone does decide to do this, dyno the car prior and after the headers.

Experienced TGC Member HeadAche's Avatar
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Los)</div><div class='quotemain'>i wouldn't be so quick to jump into conclusions about those 24whp, cuase I have seem other headers on the dyno and they have only improved performance by 2-5whp.......we had about 3 or 4 8gs on the dyno and 1 almost stock 8g, and that's what we saw...... 24+whp Â*I 'll believe it when you prove it to me...... if anyone does decide to do this, dyno the car prior and after the headers.</div>

I dont think anyone would be willing to be the guinea pig for this, especailly after the RPW experience a lot of people had a few months back.. We need dyno sheets and numbers, for any of us to jump on the AMSS bandwagon..
    I Shook You At The Track, My Boyz Threw Asprin On The Floor, They Said Now You Gotta Headache...

The illiterate of the twenty-first century will not be those who can not read or write, but those who can not learn, un-learn and re-learn.

Alister_McRae
    I'm wondering if maybe we can get them to do a group buy on the 499 price? Cause i dont feel like spendin 500 smakeroos for a few hp gain forget it.

TGC Regular
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(HeadAche)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Los)</div><div class='quotemain'>i wouldn't be so quick to jump into conclusions about those 24whp, cuase I have seem other headers on the dyno and they have only improved performance by 2-5whp.......we had about 3 or 4 8gs on the dyno and 1 almost stock 8g, and that's what we saw...... 24+whp Â*I 'll believe it when you prove it to me...... if anyone does decide to do this, dyno the car prior and after the headers.</div>

I dont think anyone would be willing to be the guinea pig for this, especailly after the RPW experience a lot of people had a few months back.. We need dyno sheets and numbers, for any of us to jump on the AMSS bandwagon..</div>

lets just wait a while and let club3g be the guinea pigs

those are very pricey but if they do that hp I would buy them, now I am going to waut and see. BTW where can I get them if I decide to buy them?
    Join TGC NY, Click Image to enter

Senior TGC Member
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(verywhite01)</div><div class='quotemain'>those are very pricey but if they do that hp I would buy them, now I am going to waut and see. Â*BTW where can I get them if I decide to buy them?</div>

Most likely from AMSS themselves. I don't think they have retailers for their products yet.
    "Daisy tumbled short of his dreams, not through her own fault, but because of the colossal vitality of his illusion... No amount of fire or freshness can challenge what a man will store up in his ghostly heart. " - F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

"I have not failed 700 times. I have not failed once. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work." - Thomas Edison

Can you give me a link or some thing. Thanks.
    Join TGC NY, Click Image to enter

TGC Regular
    they have 2 sites.... and only one of em is giving a discount :puzzled1:

http://www.amsspower.com/

http://www.aftermarketsuperstore.com/

do you think that they mean 24hp before it goes through the transmission?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Max_Jinas)</div><div class='quotemain'>do you think that they mean 24hp before it goes through the transmission?</div>

i doubt that very much, because then your lookin at about 7-10whp, and nobody would even bother buying them..
    I Shook You At The Track, My Boyz Threw Asprin On The Floor, They Said Now You Gotta Headache...

The illiterate of the twenty-first century will not be those who can not read or write, but those who can not learn, un-learn and re-learn.

Senior TGC Member
    [quote="HeadAche"]
    Quote Originally Posted by Max_Jinas
    i doubt that very much, because then your lookin at about 7-10whp, and nobody would even bother buying them..
    I would...7 to 10 whp for the 4 banger is plenty. Compared to the whopping 2 whp from our experiences.
    "Daisy tumbled short of his dreams, not through her own fault, but because of the colossal vitality of his illusion... No amount of fire or freshness can challenge what a man will store up in his ghostly heart. " - F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

"I have not failed 700 times. I have not failed once. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work." - Thomas Edison

[quote="Parhelia"]
    Quote Originally Posted by HeadAche
    Quote Originally Posted by Max_Jinas
    I would...7 to 10 whp for the 4 banger is plenty. Compared to the whopping 2 whp from our experiences.
    I dunno for me to put down that kinda money, i would need to see at least 10+whp gains from it..

Here's what I got from them from just some generic questions in emails:

We did dyno the car and got +24 WHP gains. We are going to re-dyno again
    when we get the first production system in house and publish the dyno
    sheets. The car we prototyped this system on was a 2003 Eclipse GS and
    was in stock condition with no aftermarket performance mods. He did have
    Altezza lights but I don't think that adds any power

Eran

-----Original Message-----
    Sent: Monday, June 02, 2003 12:31 AM
    To: AMSS Power
    Subject: Re: RE: Headers

Im interested in buying but I have a few questions.....What kinda HP
    gains have you guys seen from your product?...Were the results dyno'ed?
    If so did AMSS do it or are you basing this from customers?...And lastly
    I presume if the numbers were over+6 in HP what other mods were
    done...Thanks
    Guidelines for Republicans: 1. When in charge, ponder. 2. When in trouble, delegate. 3. When in doubt, mumble.

Gilhuly
    Lieutenant Fishboy! Raise the Bullshit flag!

ps If this happened at all it was definitely with SAFC or AFR and lots of tuning.

leadfoot
    i will be ordering mine in a few days ill post diference in power and how they feel once i get them. i am getting them becasue i will be getting the SDS system so ill need a good header to go with the S/C. i dont know if ill get the car dynoed or not ill have to look around and see if there is a cheap shop where they can dyno it.

leadfoot
    i need to know if my car will pass emissions with this header i dont know the emmisions work but i need to know if ill pass or not. with the ripp header and 3 inch cat.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Gilhuly)</div><div class='quotemain'>Lieutenant Fishboy! Â*Raise the Bullshit flag!

ps Â*If this happened at all it was definitely with SAFC or AFR and lots of tuning.</div>

My Pleasure. As I was one of those guys Carlos referred to at the dyno with the RPW headers, and we all know from talking to David Thomas that the real loss in our motor is in the manifold itself, there is no way that they're gonna get 24whp in a 4 cylinder unmodded. I have the V6 and saw a total of 20whp gain with an I/H/E and an FPR....

Oh and after installing the SAFC, I had no HP increase after tuning...However, yes you will pass emissions if the headers (and the O2 sensors) are installed correctly. I never had a problem with mine, and I had the first set of RPW's on a V6. But if I remember right from reading the 3G posts, a lot of people were buying MIL eliminators because they were throwing SES lights. So unfortunately, until I see a before and after dyno sheet on a car with no mods.....

Chip

2000 Basalt Black Metallic GTZ
    (Paint Code: Porsche LC9Z)

Genuine experience carries a lot more credibility than the ability to answer a question.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12