The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: For those who have dropped with SPRINGS

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 22
    MitsuRacer

For those who have dropped with SPRINGS

Hey guys I have pretty much decided to go with springs over coilovers, so if you have used springs to lower your 8G please list what kind you have bought, where you bought them from and how low you dropped. All feedback is greatly appreciated. Thanks!! :twisted:

PUNISHER
    TEIN s-Tech springs/ 2.2 front, 1.5 rear for the V6
    1.7front, 1.3 rear for the 4cyl. i bought them for 216.00 from a local shop usually cost 240.00- 250.00

Progress springs 1.8 all and KYB AGX struts all taken from Eclipse applications. Also check out the suspension threads you will find this same topic there with a much greater response.
    Join TGC NY, Click Image to enter

whats the actual difference tween coilovers and springs!??!! sorry im stupid...lol
    Diego

Quote Originally Posted by galantv600
    whats the actual difference tween coilovers and springs!??!! sorry im stupid...lol

when people hear say coilovers, they mainly mean adjustable springs. meaning spring in which u can change the drop height of.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

8ggalant

//

intrax sports 1.6 all around...u can install yerself including...camber im tryin to sell mine if yer interested...juss a lil plug

Experienced TGC Member HeadAche's Avatar
    Intrax 1.8ft and 1.8rr Galant I-4 specific, paid about 320 for them 2 years ago, when they first came out..
    I Shook You At The Track, My Boyz Threw Asprin On The Floor, They Said Now You Gotta Headache...

The illiterate of the twenty-first century will not be those who can not read or write, but those who can not learn, un-learn and re-learn.

Progess springs 2 in front and 1.8 in back , for a 170 And KYB AGX all around at

www.ptuning.com

If your are willing to wait the back order.
    Progress is in back order at the moment so the springs are in production.
    Kevin
    2006 GIXXER 600

Senior TGC Member
    I had H&R sport springs, advertised at 1.4 front 1.3 rear, personal experience was pretty close I think it was about 1.2 up front and 1.1 in the rear...I've since forgotten since it's been so long
    "Daisy tumbled short of his dreams, not through her own fault, but because of the colossal vitality of his illusion... No amount of fire or freshness can challenge what a man will store up in his ghostly heart. " - F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

"I have not failed 700 times. I have not failed once. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work." - Thomas Edison

I got the progress springs 1.8 in rear and 2.0 in front
    and the kyb agx struts like Rich and Kev
    what a difference with the new struts...ride is really nice
    so what is the difference 1- 4 stiff to soft...which is which?
    I got them set on 2 in front and rear
    Jason - - cofounder of TGCNY
    click banner to enter the NY Chapter

2001 Galant ES
    2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Special Edition

Quote Originally Posted by MrJaYdEeOnE
    I got the progress springs 1.8 in rear and 2.0 in front
    and the kyb agx struts like Rich and Kev
    what a difference with the new struts...ride is really nice
    so what is the difference 1- 4 stiff to soft...which is which?
    I got them set on 2 in front and rear
    I think there is a lot of confusion about this. Nobody is sure, I was thinking of calling irotors and asking them if they knew.
    Kevin
    2006 GIXXER 600

Experienced TGC Member
    I don't have an 8g but I did just don a new set of Gold-Line springs on my 7g. I decided to go with springs as I completely destroyed my Skunk2 coil-overs this past winter, not really sure what happened but I do know that they were riding like pure ass. The new springs are nice and sport a 2 inch drop fron/rear wich is about perfect for me.

The ride is pretty good, not too bouncy or harsh... but anything is better than those coil over's I suppose :?
    [b]<span style='color:blue'>Wes</span>
    The true path to enlightenment is Here
    <-Check it out Maz
    My 7g

[b]<span style='color:darkred'>ClubTGC Shidoshi-Kai Fellowship</span>

Senior TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GaLaNtKeV99
    I think there is a lot of confusion about this. Nobody is sure, I was thinking of calling irotors and asking them if they knew.
    Yeah from what I hear it's supposed to be 1 softest 4 the most stiff but when I turned it up it felt softer...I dunno why.
    "Daisy tumbled short of his dreams, not through her own fault, but because of the colossal vitality of his illusion... No amount of fire or freshness can challenge what a man will store up in his ghostly heart. " - F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

"I have not failed 700 times. I have not failed once. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work." - Thomas Edison

2002-GeeTeeZee
    Eibach Pro Kit

I dropped about 1.5 in front and 1.2 in back. Nice ride, no difference from stock (except when braking and taking corners, much better), no bounciness.

Bought from Adventon for about $189

http://www.adventon.com/acb/showdetl.cfm?&...=10739&CATID=20

It says only up to 2001 but the application #(6028.140) is the same as found on Eibach's website up to 2003.

aight den... i know the diferencee but which is better? i found on Ebay Arospeed coilovers for 170 all four sent to my house... that good or not? should i buy actual springs...
    Diego

notashamed6
    H&R:1.6 all around, looks nice, little bouncier than stock, not a big deal though

errika
    On the Eibach kit is that for a 4 cylinder or 6? Or does that matter? I have a four and I really wanna get the Eibach springs. but it says only for 6 cylinder?

Erika

2002-GeeTeeZee
    RE: Eibach Pro Kit

Let me put it this way, the springs will fit your I4 but your drop may or may not be as much as a V6, which is slightly heavier up front.

Do a search for "Springs" and "I4"

mitsumatt

6G (?) Springs

:? I looked in the older generation forum for info on interchanging/retrofitting springs and struts on my 92 Galant - to no avail. Does anyone know of a source for parts interchange with the "old school" Galant and newer generations (or T/E/L interchange)?

I'm also thinking about changing gauge faces - how about a source for detailed instructions on cracking open the dash and making sure all the parts go back where they came from?

Thanks.

Re: 6G (?) Springs

Quote Originally Posted by mitsumatt
    :? I looked in the older generation forum for info on interchanging/retrofitting springs and struts on my 92 Galant - to no avail. Does anyone know of a source for parts interchange with the "old school" Galant and newer generations (or T/E/L interchange)?

I'm also thinking about changing gauge faces - how about a source for detailed instructions on cracking open the dash and making sure all the parts go back where they came from?

Thanks.
    If I'm not mistaken, the 6G shares susoension with the 1G fwd Eclipses, but I'm not positive. I suggest contacting someone at www.roadraceengineering.com because they would be able to tell you right away.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast