The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: how can i fix low compression in exhaust?

Showing results 1 to 6 of 6
    TGC Regular

how can i fix low compression in exhaust?

ok, i while ago i straight piped my car. i noticed a loss in power. and then i had it fixed and it ran alot better but i realized how much quicker it would be if i hadn't have lost my low compresion.

i don't want to put a new cat on bc i already re did the piping. but i want to get a new muffler, something deep sounding, so is there a certain high compressin muffler i should buy?

i know ebay has stuff but idk if its all right.

i need my compression back!!!

ConceptSleeper
    i think what your refering to is "backpressure" and you dont want too much of it, most performance mufflers that you will find are going to be a straight thru design pretty much. if you honestly want more backpressure then i would weld on a 'resonator' somewhere in the exhaust tract, not only will it increase the backpressure it will also quiet the exhaust down a bit, and a side note Thermal is a good exhaust but VERY loud so keep that in mind!!

TGC Regular
    backpressure thats right.

but i have less then stock and i want to get it back up there. i replaced the muffler when i first got it with a cherry bomb. yeah, all i want to do it get back up.

so a resonator? how much can i look at spending?

ConceptSleeper
    im not sure the prices on resonators, call your local muffler shop just to see!!

TGC Regular
    what im looking for i something like this, a muffler but one that will act as a resonator. do they make them? http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...item=2416087285

ConceptSleeper
    ok a resonator is the lump looking thing in a b-pipe (or cat removal system) and if a muffler is resonated(depending on the design) all it does is basically sets how loud the muffler is and the tone it will have! so the link you posted, that wont work, it will give you more backpressure than straight piping, but remember you dont want too muck!!!